I'm sure most everyone who is reading this will agree with me that the majority of guitar cables being sold by music stores are garbage. Personally I've been through about 10-15 different cables since I started playing guitar. I treat my cables with care, I do not step on them, tug on them, or tamper with them in anyway, yet they always have a habit of breaking that connection at the headpiece. I even once bought a cable that had a "LIFETIME WARRANTY" on it, within a couple of months the thing was unusable.

Does anyone know of the perfect guitar cable
nothing's perfect but, maybe if you want to spend a lot, you could get like a really nice monster cable or somethin, but not under 100, i dont think
Yep, I've had the same problems man. Maybe not as bad as you but I agree with you.
Just stick with the lifetime warranty ones, they're usually a good quality and it will save you money in the long run I think. Since they tend to break on you so often it would be worth it. I bought a monster cable and have had it for quite some time, I know a lot of people that have had good luck with that brand as well.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
buy in bulk a huge roll of cable, then buy in bulk a whole bunch of ends and make you own custom cables. when they break, its real easy to fix. just a little soldering.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I use cheap 10$ cables and I never broke any of them.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
I"ve had this cable for 2 years and It hasn't ever broken. It's really high-quality and isn't very expensive. The brand I think is Quantam and they work quite well. I've also had a Live Wire cable for the same amount of time and i bought it used from someone else and they had used it for quite a while. What brand of cables are you guys buying?
Monster Cables FTW!!!
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Dude you must treat them really bad... in 3 years of playing guitar and bass I've only had 2 cables
i use planet waves, REALLY good high quality connection system, very strong cables
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Sam Nobach
I'm sure most everyone who is reading this will agree with me that the majority of guitar cables being sold by music stores are garbage. Personally I've been through about 10-15 different cables since I started playing guitar. I treat my cables with care, I do not step on them, tug on them, or tamper with them in anyway, yet they always have a habit of breaking that connection at the headpiece. I even once bought a cable that had a "LIFETIME WARRANTY" on it, within a couple of months the thing was unusable.

Does anyone know of the perfect guitar cable

Learn how to roll them up correctly, makes a huge difference.
I use LiveWires and they are by far the best cables I have ever used. I have broken mine occasionally but the lifetime warranty they have makes them an amazing value. The shielding on them is really good. They dont have alot of ambient cable noise. So to me those are the best cables. But thats just my opinion.
+1 for Livewire. Also, because of the design of the heads, you don't get a break in the head of the cable as easily as with a standard cable. You can take off the back part of the plug to reveal where the cable is soldered to the plug.
Now i'm not a Lively player so i treat them all with care, but when i upgraded my amp i bought Fender Premium Gold cables and the tone is superb. It has a really thick bassline and just produces an all round full tone with bell like highs, genuinely. Plus they are super thick and made of super strong metal at each end!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
My dad is an audiophile and owns this cable making company

hes made me a couple of cables and they sound AMAZING you can actually hear the difference there made of all high qualitiy components gold plated and expensive wiring, the only thing is there not really flexible so you have to play sitting down but w/e still 1000x better than the ones from the stores
Quote by rottened23
My dad is an audiophile and owns this cable making company

hes made me a couple of cables and they sound AMAZING you can actually hear the difference there made of all high qualitiy components gold plated and expensive wiring, the only thing is there not really flexible so you have to play sitting down but w/e still 1000x better than the ones from the stores

Yeah, and playing sitting down works great at live shows. I dont give a damn if the cable would suck me off after I was done playing, if I couldnt move around with it, then all the "tone improvements" it made arent worth it.
Whatever you use, don't get suckered into buying $40-100 cables. Nothing but a boondoggle for audiophiles with too much money.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Quote by UncleCthulhu

what is this 'roll them up' u speak of?
LIFETIME WARRANTY = BROKEN CABLE + NEW CABLE...
1. if yoyu cant get anew cable with a lifetime warranty, you did something really wrong. you can literally overyuse the cable to death and then they replace it. You probably like stab and bite your cables or something.
2. BUY MONSTER CABLES!!!!!!
3. BUY MONSTER CABLES!!!!!!
4. BUY MONSTER CABLES!!!!!!
5. repeat steps 2,3,4
6. repeat step 5 over and over again till you die.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by UncleCthulhu

+1,000,000. I compared my good ole' horizon cable to my friends monster, and the monster got blown away. They sound to high end and midsy. Anyway, DON'T WARP THEM AROUND YOUR ELBOW! Always coil them by hand. It takes a little practice, but if you twist a little bit at just the right time, the cable should almost coil itself.
Long-time lurker, first time poster.

One of my cables bit it during a gig, so I borrowed my bass player's spare cable. (Yeah, smart one, I know, I didn't have a spare cable myself.) Anyway, I borrowed it again the next day when we were doing some recording and was REALLY impressed with the sound and the build quality. Never thought that a cable would make my guitar sound better, but this one really did.

Ended up buying one and then three more from this little company called Death Valley Cables: Death Valley Cable Company. Better than Monsters by a mile and a half. Lifeteime guaranteed too.
I use a cheap horizon cable but its proved its worth, and then and expensive ibanez cable. I haven't broken either and can't see how you could unless you abuse them or accidentally bust it..