it's not all that good.

what are you going to use the amp for (bedroom practice, gigging, etc ?)
what's your budget anbd playing styles ?
Last edited by The red Strat. at Jun 8, 2008,
Quote by The red Strat.
it's not too good.

what are you going to use the amp for (bedroom practice, gigging, etc ?)
what's your budget anbd playing styles ?

well to be heard over drums for band practice and eventually gigging.
PLaying will be mainly metal, and budget is 300-500$ but I'm mainly looking fo something with a nice clean in that budget range
Quote by andy331
well to be heard over drums for band practice and eventually gigging.
PLaying will be mainly metal, and budget is 300-500$ but I'm mainly looking fo something with a nice clean in that budget range

As a rule of thumb Fender + metal = NO!!!!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
As a rule of thumb Fender + metal = NO!!!!

im not looking for the amp to have a nice distortion im getting the pedal i just need something for cheaper that has a good clean channel
a nice clean amp in that budget range would be a peavey classic 30 or a fender blues deluxe (both used). you do know that running a distortion pedal into a (higly likely) vintage voiced clean amp isn't going to sound too metal/ good, right ?

a used traynor ycv40/50 would be a very good choice, and you could (clean) boost the overdrive channel with your rocktron for more gain.
a nice clean amp in that budget range would be a peavey classic 30 or a fender blues deluxe (both used). you do know that running a distortion pedal into a (higly likely) vintage voiced clean amp isn't going to sound too metal/ good, right ?[/QUOTE]

no i dont...
ugh
Quote by andy331
im not looking for the amp to have a nice distortion im getting the pedal i just need something for cheaper that has a good clean channel

Ya but Fenders are generally voiced for vintage lower gain stuff (except for the odd attempt at metal which is usually pretty dismal). Really what you want is an amp with a bit of a darker voicing to it...Maybe a Laney LC15
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
"a used traynor ycv40/50 would be a very good choice, and you could (clean) boost the overdrive channel with your rocktron for more gain."

or a used ENGL thunder would be even better, if you can find one within your budget.
Quote by The red Strat.
"a used traynor ycv40/50 would be a very good choice, and you could (clean) boost the overdrive channel with your rocktron for more gain."

allrighty, Ebay here I come...
I am thinking about getting the Super Champ. I am going to be using it for classic rock (60's-70's), Country, Folk, and Jazz. I also will be gigging at coffee shops and a few medium-sized restaurants. Would the Super Champ suffice, or should I get somethin' else?
check my edit.

Quote by neptune1988
I am thinking about getting the Super Champ. I am going to be using it for classic rock (60's-70's), Country, Folk, and Jazz. I also will be gigging at coffee shops and a few medium-sized restaurants. Would the Super Champ suffice, or should I get somethin' else?

it would suffice volume wise, but it doesn't sound much better than a solid state.
a fender blues jr seems right up your alley.

btw, next time, don't hijack a thread but make your own
Quote by andy331
not finding any engl thunders under 1000$

You won't!!!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
thanks red strat.

also sorry to hijack the thread, but what about a frontman 2x12? would that suffice?
Quote by neptune1988
thanks red strat.

also sorry to hijack the thread, but what about a frontman 2x12? would that suffice?

again, it would suffice volume wise, but it's not going to sound great.
why don't you start a thread with info like your budget, styles, etc ?

that way, you'll get much more response, and i'll be able to recommend you an amp that would really suit you.

EDIT: nvm, you already did. god, i'm getting tired....