hey i was wondering can tunder birds be slapped without to much adjustment of your tumb. i play a jazz bass ( theres no where around i can try out a TB)

im just wondering if the strings are close together...

im not to good with words...

i also know TB's are hated on here lol
i used to do it a little bit on my old one...
it is possible. however your arm is put on a weird position by the body so it makes the wrist movement a little different... coz you arm is higher and not on the contour that you get on a jazz.

sounds pretty sh*ite too.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
u mean thunderbird right? or tele-bass???
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
You should be able to slap any bass. It is simply a matter of technique.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
You should be able to slap any bass. It is simply a matter of technique.

lol not entirely true, eb3s cant be slapped AT ALL, even by the best slap n pop player i know
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
You may physically be able do the slap motion but it will sound like gargled ass.
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
Quote by Jugband Blues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJLFMQMUlQ

Yes, they can be slapped but I personally think the t-bird tone is too dark to sound good slapped.

#1 Tommy the Cat sounded horribly, horribly wrong.
#2 The man said that the T-Bird could get Wal tone, what the hell.
Quote by CaptainJack666
lol not entirely true, eb3s cant be slapped AT ALL, even by the best slap n pop player i know

no, I saw someone do it- you just have to drop the pickup down until the strings don't hit it. It does sound a little odd though...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
no, I saw someone do it- you just have to drop the pickup down until the strings don't hit it. It does sound a little odd though...

sorry, didnt make myself clear, u cant slap an eb3 that will sound halfway decent lol
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by CaptainJack666
sorry, didnt make myself clear, u cant slap an eb3 that will sound halfway decent lol

then +1!!!!!!!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity

You start dropping the pickup, you start exponentially losing volume.

Man, the thing Gibson/Epiphone players will do to necessitate the basic functions of a modern bass guitar...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
You start dropping the pickup, you start exponentially losing volume.

Man, the thing Gibson/Epiphone players will do to necessitate the basic functions of a modern bass guitar...

hehe this is sooo true, i get very pissy when i have to make little fixes to ma eb3, tis a royal pain in the poopshoot
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Captainjack, good old epiphone ey? Making every gig a DIY challenge.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by Rywad
Captainjack, good old epiphone ey? Making every gig a DIY challenge.

lol indeed, doin away with it soon, gettin a VM p-bass
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I'm gonna attempt to sell my standard squier j-bass for a VM j-bass, mostly cause the maple neck is beautiful :P and the maple bodies pretty good too. Considering its a 'cheapish' bass.

And I've been sigged :P
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

i normally dislike p-bass for its looks but the VM one is really nic whith the white on black
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I think Squier are on a roll this year, the Classic vibe series (I want the 50's p-bass and the 60's j-bass :P) and the VM series (i wouldnt mind the p or the j bass')
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

yeah, well im switchin to vm P but i hope i can raise enuff from eb3 coz i dont anna put any of ma own cash into it
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
They'll always be someone 'smart' enough to buy that brilliant bass you got there. Just sell it to them by telling them it has sentimental value and was gigged many times with a 'really' good band. That would sell it to most bassists who don't know there Fender from there BC Rich.

Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

aye probs, if i can get 200 for it the i can get the P, plus, as mentioned in ma other thread the marshall is worth 170, so gettin 100 for it for the ashdown shoudlnt be hard, radical rig overhaul for me i thinks
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Yeah, well I have a good £500 but I can't touch that as its my amp fund and I think that I might sell my Ibanez RG which I havent taken out the gig bag since a month after I bought it :/ and my PSP or something, that should raise enough for a VM P or the CV 50's P hopefully i'll raise the £230ish for the VM jazz but I doubt it, might ask for it as a doing my GCSE's present.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

cooool, cant do anythin till i get back to uni in september tho, which sucks but hey, a new rig to look forward to i spose
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Yeah, lets just hope you don't need to take the toolbox to your EB-3 too many times or your not gonna be able to sell it :/

And do you think I should ebay my guitar? I'm sorta unsure if i want to, need to get like £140 for it. So I can get the new bass. And I just phoned up a guitar shop near me and guess what they have in stock.. The whole new Squier range well the VM's anyway.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

aw lucky, id have to order mine, so id be without a bass for a few days, nightmare lol, yeah id throw it on ebay and stick a reserve if u want, but that can put ppl off, just do the best u can
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
yeah, thats what i'm gonna try and woah, we've hijacked this thread :P
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

yeah i as just thinkin, apologies TS hahah