Page 1 of 2
are so beast. there riffs are insane. they have like 3-4 breakdowns in each song!! i think abr is such a unique band. i love there style. every song is completely diff and unique and sounds amazing lol. idk how such good musicians could even exist cuz i swear the stuff they come up with sometimes it just blows my mind/
they are really good. im seeing them at the end of the month with as i lay dying.
i hear they put on an insane show
1. Retake 6th grade English.
2. Breakdowns are lame.
3. They aren't that original, your ignorance is apparent.
4. Use the search bar.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Quote by Tonoloc
are so beast. there riffs are insane. they have like 3-4 breakdowns in each song!! i think abr is such a unique band. i love there style. every song is completely diff and unique and sounds amazing lol. idk how such good musicians could even exist cuz i swear the stuff they come up with sometimes it just blows my mind/

*facepalm*
I just gave them a listen on iTunes....every song sounded similar.

They're kind of catchy, ill give em that, but I think they're overhyped. Everyone talks about them like they are the heaviest band ever.

Ugh and dont use the word beast again.
Sikth. Now that's a unique band.
So sad they broke up.

ABR are ok. Kinda thrash-ish metalcore. The breakdowns are what kill it for me.
But that goes for any metalcore/deathcore band that has potential. They always end up ruining it by constantly using genre cliches.
Quote by 'StoleN'
2. Breakdowns are lame.
4. Use the search bar.

Breakdowns are lame and im ignorant? care to elaborate?
Quote by 'StoleN'
2. Breakdowns are lame.
4. Use the search bar.

This dude knows what's up.
August Burns Red is one of my favorite bands. I especially love their new album though.
YEAH
Quote by Tonoloc
Breakdowns are lame and im ignorant? care to elaborate?

If you weren't ignorant you would would agree with my post.
Or back up yours, with a somewhat reasonable argument.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']Ha!
This post is self-explanatory.
I might just have to sig it.

Eh, I don't know if it's quite sig worthy.
Keep your eyes open though, this kid has potential.
Quote by ch715dallat
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
I LOVE ABR, stop hating on them because you suck at life.
Messengers, is a damn good A$S album!

I have no problem with this band.
I have problems with their fanboys and insisting that they're this amazing and insanely original band. When in turn, only makes them look like a complete ass because it exemplifies how truly ignorant they are to actuall good music.
Quote by ch715dallat
Quote by 'StoleN'
I have no problem with this band.
I have problems with their fanboys and insisting that they're this amazing and insanely original band. When in turn, only makes them look like a complete ass because it exemplifies how truly ignorant they are to actuall good music.

Exactly! They're original, maybe, for the first listen? But after that, the musical structure is stale, whether the music itself is good, or not.
They make me go blah. All the songs I checked out sounded identical.
Originally Posted by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.
i dont think they are that bad. i only started getting into them the other day, so ive only heard a few of their songs...
good, tight band, somewhat original, but all their songs sound the ****ing same, i don't see how you can't see that.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
saw them accidentally when they were opening for unearth and darkest hour. they were actually pretty good considering when they walked out the guy was wearing a chicks v-neck shirt and i thought for sure they would be lame.

haven't heard their albums but live they are good.
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
Messengers, is a damn good ass album!

Hmmm... Hold on.

Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
Messengers is an ass album!

fixed.
Quote by russiaininvader
saw them accidentally when they were opening for unearth and darkest hour.

if you enjoy unearth and darkest hour, your opinion is kinda worthless.

Quote by russiaininvader
the guy was wearing a chicks v-neck shirt

how do you know it was a chicks?
Quote by Aveks
if you enjoy unearth and darkest hour, your opinion is kinda worthless.

Darkest Hour owns.
Quote by ch715dallat
word darkest hour rules. so thrashy.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I like these guys, but they're so unoriginal it hurts.
People reckon just because they have a few breakdowns in 5/4 they are "omg, so technical".
Quote by Magero
People reckon just because they have a few breakdowns in 5/4 they are "omg, so technical".

This is the reason I cry every time I hear a scene kid talk about August Burns Red.
Quote by ch715dallat
Quote by Magero

Even disregarding their breakdowns, their riffs are pretty technical. Not like zomg amazing, but pretty tough.
Quote by saxaxe
Even disregarding their breakdowns, their riffs are pretty technical. Not like zomg amazing, but pretty tough.

PASHA!
I was bored one day so I learned "compsure".
I fail to see how it's technical.
Quote by ch715dallat
Quote by pmeg568c
word darkest hour rules. so thrashy.

is missed seeing them live...they played wit Himsa and i didnt go
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by XCount Me InX
is missed seeing them live...they played wit Himsa and i didnt go

I don't like Himsa haha.
I also hear that Darkest Hour is pretty boring live.
I doubt that they play any of their old stuff anymore
Quote by ch715dallat
Quote by 'StoleN'
PASHA!
I was bored one day so I learned "compsure".
I fail to see how it's technical.

Well I've learned Composure and Back Burner and they're not amazingly impossible, but there are some pretty tough spots.
Quote by saxaxe
Well I've learned Composure and Back Burner and they're not amazingly impossible, but there are some pretty tough spots.

Mind pointing them out specifically?
I had no trouble whatsoever with Composure.
Quote by ch715dallat
i agree with the comment that 5/4 breakdowns doesn't make them technical, which is why i DONT UNDERSTAND how people think veil of maya and born of osiris have original breakdowns. just because you can chug through diff time signatures doesn't mean its hard
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
Quote by pmeg568c
i agree with the comment that 5/4 breakdowns doesn't make them technical, which is why i DONT UNDERSTAND how people think veil of maya and born of osiris have original breakdowns. just because you can chug through diff time signatures doesn't mean its hard

I don't think Veil of Maya have technical breakdowns, just breakdowns that sound a little different. But I do hate the excessive of them, which at times ruins it for me, and I can't listen to them, while at other times I'm able to look past them and enjoy the album thoroughly. Born Of Osiris on the other hand, boooorriiinnnnng.
Quote by ch715dallat
I like composure. That's about as far as I go.
I think signatures are lame.

(Not really. I just don't have nice things to put here like you all do. )
Quote by 'StoleN'
Mind pointing them out specifically?
I had no trouble whatsoever with Composure.

The only part in Composure that was tough at all was that one fill towards the beginning, but it's an easy song overall. Backburner, on the other hand, is a toughie. Learn that one. A hell of a lot of fun, but takes a while to get.

Quote by pmeg568c

Listen to Abstract Art by BOO. It's got a pretty great breakdown.
Quote by saxaxe
The only part in Composure that was tough at all was that one fill towards the beginning, but it's an easy song overall. Backburner, on the other hand, is a toughie. Learn that one. A hell of a lot of fun, but takes a while to get.

I will try it out.
Quote by ch715dallat
I definitely like this band - but I'm going to have to agree with the people who are saying that their songs do kind of sound the same....
Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent
Victor Hugo
Page 1 of 2