i was wondering if it's possible to put a floyd rose on any kind of guitar??
because i was debating whether to either get this ibanez grg 170 http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?itemid=37345&sourcetype=singleitemsearch

or this dean vendetta with floyd rose on it already http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=3&TempID=4&STRID=162136&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=1611&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&SearchPhrase=+vendetta&Contains=%2Avendetta%2A&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

i don't have money to buy anything above that price range so idk.

i was also wondering if anyone knew anything about the quality or these two guitars? any feedback would be appreciated
i was wondering if it was possible for people to use the search bar.

and yes you can put a floyd on that with a bit of routing and modification to the guitar body and the tiniest amount of re wiring
Yes a floyd can be put in just about anything but it is not cheap to do. The ibanez would need the neck modded for a locking nut along with the routing to the body for the FR. As you say you dont have any more money for a better guitar how will you pay for the FR, 150 and up, and any routing etc that needs to be done. Going cheap and FR is rarely a good combo.
theres only one guitar that cant fit a floyd, and i use it...anyone who tries to put a floyd on an SG is out of their mind. thats where kahler comes in

anyway, buy the one with the floyd already on it, its annoying as hell to install a floyd on somthing not routed for it....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
theres only one guitar that cant fit a floyd, and i use it...anyone who tries to put a floyd on an SG is out of their mind. thats where kahler comes in

anyway, buy the one with the floyd already on it, its annoying as hell to install a floyd on somthing not routed for it....

why SG?
the SG is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too thin- the rout for a floyd would go right through 'em.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
true, i just wanted to make that point, cause ive seen way to many "floyd rose + SG" disasters..........

really, the SG's the only one i can think of that wont fit a floyd
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
i meant gibsons themselves, not ripoffs or ESP versions, which will vary in width
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
I think you can, i'm trying to find that picture I saw before but its escaping me, lol...

but basically theres going to be a hole straight in the guitar, and the routing would have to be PERFECT. Not to mention possible mods and such to make it fit. You would have a hard enough time routing in a guitar that was thick enough and installing it yourself, let alone in something as thin as an SG...

simply put its not practical and would probably **** up your guitar
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by rancidryan
i was wondering if it was possible for people to use the search bar.

+1 mad funny dude