DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
bassist in my former band used backline, sounded pretty good but I think he switched to ampeg since then.

If you can, I would try them out someplace.
I used to think that the backlines were great amps, but then I played through a hartke in a music store and quickly changed my mind. That being said, both the bassists that have been in my band used backlines and the sound wasn't bad.
^ i guess i just have a higher standard in bass amps than these two guys.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369

Maybe. Though the backlines are capable of some atrocious sounds if you don't know how to find good sounds. Me and the last bass player in my band had to mess with his a bit to get a nice sound out of it.

Come to think of it TS, the bass in the songs on my band's myspace (link in sig) was recorded using a backline. Granted he was using a Squier affinity P-bass so not the best sound it could be, but it might give you some idea if you want to take a listen.
Quote by funkbass369

irrelevant

but captain_jack has a great idea. Hartke's are also a really good bang for the buck

edit:

as long as we're giving references. All the bass in these songs: http://myspace.com/recklesspilots

is recorded using a hartke top over backline speakers, and a fender mim jazzbass
^ how is that irrelevant? i was saying that i might hold higher standards then most people therefore don't regard my opinion as much.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I have a Backline 250 head and 115 cab. No complaints at all. I agree, you do have to mess with the controls a while until you find something you like, but its worth it.
Also, I don't think any of the Backline cabs have tweeters, so don't expect much high end.
Quote by funkbass369
^ how is that irrelevant? i was saying that i might hold higher standards then most people therefore don't regard my opinion as much.

then you should've made that clear, instead of only saying you have higher standards which is not helpful to ts.
My bassist and my roommate both play on Backlines, and I think they sound great.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by Revhain
then you should've made that clear, instead of only saying you have higher standards which is not helpful to ts.

I thought it was pretty obvious tbh.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
No im pretty sure a majority are saying yes or they are decent for the money is what im hearing.
They're definately worth a try, but if you can, I would still save up and branch out a little.