I've had a problem with my E string ever since I got my LTD MV-200 for Christmas. Raising the pitch or lowering it will make it snap sometimes (I'm not changing the tuning peg very fast or erratically.) so I suspect the nut, does anyone have a remedy for this? (It's breaking at the tuning peg so I doubt it's the saddle.)
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I've had a problem with my E string ever since I got my LTD MV-200 for Christmas. Raising the pitch or lowering it will make it snap sometimes (I'm not changing the tuning peg very fast or erratically.) so I suspect the nut, does anyone have a remedy for this? (It's breaking at the tuning peg so I doubt it's the saddle.)

what gauge are you using? brand?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
A big thing to check if you have the same string breaking over and over again is to see if the string is breaking in the same place. Typically if the string is breaking in the exact same spot then that's the spot where the problem is. In the past I've seen this happen more at the bridge but I suppose it would be possible at the nut as well. I always remedied the problem using the smallest and finest files I could find. Personally I use a jeweler's kit but I suppose there are other items that would do just as well.
Try using DR strings. Those suckers are damn near impossible to break. Whenever I change the strings, as I'm taking the old ones off, I take the high E string and pick the guitar up by it to show people how strong they are. 9 out of 10 times it doesn't break. I've never broken one of them through conventional methods.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
Try using DR strings. Those suckers are damn near impossible to break. Whenever I change the strings, as I'm taking the old ones off, I take the high E string and pick the guitar up by it to show people how strong they are. 9 out of 10 times it doesn't break. I've never broken one of them through conventional methods.

That was the brand that broke......I use DR and D'Addario 11's and I just ordered D'Addario 12's since I prefer them to 11's and it's broken in both gauges and for both brands......I'm not sure if I can find a file that size but I'll look.

These strings were 2 to 3 weeks old without much wear.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls