ROCKSTARSPACE
704 IQ
what are you views on the ibanez stock pickups INF 1 and 2 combo, and the INF 3 and 4 combo. they advertise the 1 and 2 are "higher end". just wanted to see what you guys are thinking out there.
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.
1,670 IQ
The INF pickups are hardly the worst stock pups that Ibanez use but most of the ibanez stocks aren't exactly wondrous: they get the job done but they're nothing spectacular.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
ROCKSTARSPACE
704 IQ
yeah but what is the difference between the 1/2 and the 3/4 combos? the more expesive guitars with inf's have 1 and 2, the lower end guitars have 3 and 4.
leviticus_22953
Bluesy
301 IQ
INF 1 and 2 have slightly more mids and output than the 3 and 4.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
nyandres
3,317 IQ
The Inf ! and II are awesome pickups. The III and IV not so much. They are better than the emg passives though. The I and II however are really good sounding.
Mwoit
Lifted By Skin
2,164 IQ
^How awesome? Do they keep up with the likes of Dimarzio or Seymour Duncan quality or just better than your typical stock pickup?

Most of the time I try out Ibanez guitars with IFN slapped on it, I think they are gonna sound a tad crap. And hey, I'm right. Of course, it's just my own opinion.
quantum leap
UG Fanatic
694 IQ
The Inf 1 is ceramic and the Inf 2 is Alnico - I have them in my S470. I haven't tried the Inf 3 & 4, but the Inf 2 is very nice - high output, warm sounding, very good for a stock pickup. I don't use the Inf 1 much cos it's ceramic, but it's OK as pickups go. Try reading the user reviews of the pups:
INF 1 & 2:
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Guitar+Pickup/product/Ibanez/INF1+and+INF2+Infinity/10/1
INF 3 & 4:
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Guitar+Pickup/product/Ibanez/INF3+and+INF4+Infinity/10/1

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Ichimaru
UG Newbie
338 IQ
I swapped them out of my S470 for EMGs because they had no bite.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
jpmedina11
44 IQ
well, i have a Ibanez XIPHOS with INFS 3 and 4 and i gotta say. WOW they have this high output(mid/highs) close to an active PU and with the right amp/settings. you dont really NEED to switch to active or the INFS 1&2 or the IBZ V7&8. these PERFECTLY fine stock pups are great a solid 7.5/10

its all about your amp and settings. i use that xiphos thru a peavy vypyr 100w
on the 6505 setting. the xiphos body has a BASSY sound kinda warm too. so these PUPS give it a small bite but a BLACKOUT PREAMP MODULAR for 50$ would do the trick
bobafettacheese
1,387 IQ
I thought that the xyphos came stock with d-activators, I could be wrong though. I have never been to keen on the INF pickups. I am a bigger fan of the V series pickups. Like others have stated they are probably not the worst and most tend to upgrade the pickups. Of course these are all gross generalizations, I don't have stats to back up my assumptions.
Gibson-DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Ibanez RG570, Schecter Banshee 7, MIA strat, Reverend Manta Ray 290
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, Peavey 5150, Mesa Rectoverb
Mesa 4x12,2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
solidrane
Wekk Blka
1,008 IQ
Those who believe that the infinity pickups are bad, do you remember the powersounds?

They're decent stock pickups, better than those of other brands but nothing special.
???
Blompcube
Registered User Error
4,278 IQ
Quote by jpmedina11
well, i have a Ibanez XIPHOS with INFS 3 and 4 and i gotta say. WOW they have this high output(mid/highs) close to an active PU and with the right amp/settings. you dont really NEED to switch to active or the INFS 1&2 or the IBZ V7&8. these PERFECTLY fine stock pups are great a solid 7.5/10

its all about your amp and settings. i use that xiphos thru a peavy vypyr 100w
on the 6505 setting. the xiphos body has a BASSY sound kinda warm too. so these PUPS give it a small bite but a BLACKOUT PREAMP MODULAR for 50$ would do the trick

please check the date that the thread was originally posted before repyling - this thread is over 5 years old.
Rig: (under construction)
1979 Yamaha SG1000
Fender Jazzmaster
1964 Vox AC30TB
A/B/Tuner box
A -> DIY fuzz, tremolo and boost -> normal channel
B -> compressor, chorus and delay -> brilliant channel
Boss TU-3/Talkbox