Ok, I'm a little confused on what the differences are on distortion pedals and overdrives?? What do they do and what should they be used with??
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
distortion if your amps natural distortion sucks
od for a tube amp to push it into distortion, imo tube amp + od > distortion everytime
Quote by stephen_rettie
distortion if your amps natural distortion sucks
od for a tube amp to push it into distortion, imo tube amp + od > distortion everytime

ok, i see. but can you use either one or both with the amp already on distortion or are they designated for only cleans
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
overdrive is a natural distortion obtained by cranking the volume up on a tube amp as loud as possible, which causes the sound to naturally distort=overdrive
distortion is a much more enhanced overdrive sound, meaning it takes the overdrive distortion and magnifies it by a lot. overdrive is good for playing 60's-70's rock and distortion can b used for everything else after that (generally speaking)
distortion is used in heavy music. od gives a natural dist usually better sounding
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Quote by Ziggy936
ok, i see. but can you use either one or both with the amp already on distortion or are they designated for only cleans

tend to use a distortion on the clean or its really muddy
od used for boosts when already distorted. In essence a distortion pedal is copying the tone you get from say a hi gain tube amp, and an od, badly.