#1
i was at friends house while back and he had an old bass lying around

THING IS
if you touch the strings and are either sitting on a metal chair or touching anything else with metal in it it literally shocks you

curious as to why
#2
static electricity
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
#3
Quote by srvflood
static electricity



whats wrong with he bass though
obviously its not like them with all basses
#5
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
The bass isn't grounded. It's actually pretty dangerous and can produce a decent shock.


i know that now
haha

isnt grounded???
#7
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
There should be a wire going from one of the potentiometers inside the bass, to the bridge. My guess is there isn't.


i see
#8
Yeah, that or the amp/power supply isn't grounded...

My buddies' entire garage (The jam room)... everything ****ing shocked us... if you touched one guitar to another, it hurt.
#9
Properly grounding will fix it like roshjosh said. Id watch out though they can give you a pretty insane shock if your not careful.
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
#10
Dont play it in the rain as it will kill you, no joke about it

I suggest taking it to someone who knows what they are doing to have it sorted as when I made my bass I couldnt figure out how to ground it properly so got someone to do all the electronics for £25
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join


Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??