So I'm looking for some new earphones as mine broke today and I thought, where better to ask than the pit?

I want some that go right in your ear and block out external sound preferably, but I've only really got about 30 quid or so to spend, so can anybody recommend me any good ones?

Cheers
There are 15 dollar ones at Walmart, sadly I'm to lazy to look it up. You'll find it if ya look.
Skull Candy? I heard they're good, but I don't know if they block out sound.

I've got some nice Bose earbuds that work well and block out sound. But the part is that I got them for FREE.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Check out some Sony ones, or Phillips.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
My friends swear by their skull candy ear buds. And yeah, they do block out sound pretty well.

I wouldn't know firsthand, but they do seem rather loyal to them, so they must be good.

I've seen them for around $15 in the states, not sure how much that is across the pond....
Don't get earbuds, they're incredibly bad for your ears, save up some money and get actual headphones, i got those Bose around ear headphones, they block out external noise and they don't kill your hearing as badly. Listen to the guy who's learned from his own (and his dad's) experience with hearing damage.
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
Sennheiser CX400.

^ Earbuds are only bad for your ears if you turn the volume up too loud. They block out external sound so that you don't have to have the volume up so loud to hear the music clearly.
Last edited by blue_strat at Jun 8, 2008,