alrighty then

I've been working at Berlitz for the past year now as an english teacher, and I was wondering.

Is there some kind of online school where you can talk to native speakers of a language via voice chat and learn a language that way?

because if there isn't i think i'd start one. call it "LastMinuteLanguages" or summat. I could teach German and English, charging reasonable fees per session and such.

what do you think of the idea? Would you use it, say, if you were going to germany for the holidays and want to either refresh or build up basic german?

thank you
If you do pull it off give some of the money(if not all) to...

THE MISSILE SILO!

EDIT: and yes I would use it
Gear
Guitars
PRS CE22
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
B.C.Rich Warlock Bronze series (raffle prize)
Pedals
Crybaby from Hell
Blackstar HT-Dual
Line 6 DL-4

Amp
Cornford Roadhouse 30
Why do you call it a "scheme?" This sounds like a legitimate pursuit of yours.. Seems you will be competing with the "Rosetta Stone" software so be sure to market yourself well. Let the customers know a piece of software can't answer questions. You live in Germany? So you have first hand experience with the local customs? Use that to market yourself.
If it was inexpensive I'd use it.

You could do two different things as well, have one using webcams, one on one lessons and also cheaper SET lessons which are just recordings of you teaching and they're expected to progress without feedback. I just thought that maybe the one on one lesson might cost too much and I wouldn't be willing to pay a lot to be honest.
well, if i charge about, what, 12 bucks per lesson? one lesson being 45 minutes?

compared to what you would have to pay to be taught by me at Berlitz or whatever it's very cheap.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 8, 2008,
Yeah, that's alright, very reasonable. Get more teachers as well as yourself though, otherwise you'll be limiting yourself as I imagine you'll get a lot of customers after this kicks off and not enough time in the day to give each of them lessons.
That's a terrible idea! On a completely unrelated note I have to go....start a business....ahem.
Feed your mind.
Quote by Firebread
That's a terrible idea! On a completely unrelated note I have to go....start a business....ahem.

Yea no kidding. That's the risk you run sharing your ideas on the internet.
Quote by the spiker
Yea no kidding. That's the risk you run sharing your ideas on the internet.

I doubt there are very many people here who

1. speak 2 languages fluently
2. have teaching experience
3. have been trained to teach by conversation only
4. are members of UG

but if anybody is, msg me because i'll be needing teachers.

EDIT: and it's not like this is something i'd want to do for the rest of my life, just an idea for how to make money during University.
Quote by CoreysMonster

4. are members of UG

EDIT: and it's not like this is something i'd want to do for the rest of my life, just an idea for how to make money during University.

I speak Welsh fluently lol... although that's only useful if somebody is going to Patagonia or Wales with the sole intention of speaking to old women.

I'd say if you advertise it well your bound to make some money, although you are competeing against language tapes/downloads which a lot of people know how to get for free. I'd say your best bet is to market it towards people who aren't too clued up on the internet
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Jun 8, 2008,
I gotta better Idea, put up a sign that sais readers of this sign will be fined, then under that put Lion is lose ahead.

so anyone who turns around abruptly can be finned and anyone who calls and complains about the sign can be finned as well...........free moneyez
Quote by Ibanez69
I gotta better Idea, put up a sign that sais readers of this sign will be fined, then under that put Lion is lose ahead.

so anyone who turns around abruptly can be finned and anyone who calls and complains about the sign can be finned as well...........free moneyez

I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by CoreysMonster

4. are members of UG

1. i speak spanish
2. well...
3. i speak spanish all the time, its my main language
4. UG? whats that?(just kidding BTW)
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400