So me and my friends were having a revision session one day before our english exam and we ended up having some totally unrelated talk and it made me realise (realize?) one thing, my friends claim to be tolerant of other cultures but yet here they were absolutely ****ting on other cultures.
I mean there's a difference between making the occasional joke on a culture i.e all arabs or not terrorists but all terrorists are arabs, but what they were saying was completely crossing the line and quite offensive (yes, they ended up insulting my culture too). Then I make a remark on how Sri Lankans tend to be quite rowdy (i've seen many examples of this first hand in the country) and they accuse me of racism etc.
Now i just wanted to know what the pit thinks about this incident and what they think about other cultures, so fire away and please try to keep it clean..
I think it's the nature of humans to mock what they don't understand, which of course, includes other cultures. In some cases it's benign, in some its down right bigotry, but usually the middle ground rests somewhere around mild cases of xenophobia.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Oh boy..
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
They do not make me rethink my daily business one way or another, therefore, I am okay with it.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong and intolerant. I hate these 'ENGLAND IS BEING ISLAMIC!' people. You think Islam is ruining the world? Hitler thought the same about Jews actually.

EDIT: I actively protest against the British National Party, I got good links if anyone wants them
Quote by BaffAttack
I think it's the nature of humans to mock what they don't understand, which of course, includes other cultures. In some cases it's benign, in some its down right bigotry, but usually the middle ground rests somewhere around mild cases of xenophobia.

10 hero points to you sir.
Pretty much the only reason racists do it.
The English are all bastards, and there's only one thing worse than being English.
Living next to them.
Quote by BaffAttack
I think it's the nature of americans to mock what they don't understand, which of course, includes other cultures. In some cases it's benign, in some its down right bigotry, but usually the middle ground rests somewhere around mild cases of xenophobia.

fixed
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by MightyAl
The English are all bastards, and there's only one thing worse than being English.
Living next to them.

Reminds me of that movie about the English fellow who fought the English to free England from the English.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by MightyAl
Living next to them.

Thanks for taking me as a stereotype due to OUR wrong Government.

Yep, I'm a bastard by birth
Quote by BaffAttack

+2
I respect all cultures.

On the topic of Sri Lanka though, I find it quite sad. Civil war is one of the worst kinds, IMO, although all war is bad.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
don't have a problem with other cultures... they're just wrong
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by Craigo
Thanks for taking me as a stereotype due to OUR wrong Government.

Yep, I'm a bastard by birth

Well, me too. I was born at the Lousy Mags in Aldershot.
And the Government isn't wrong. Just full of(Scottish) assholes.
Quote by MightyAl
Living next to them.

We pay for you to stay alive with our taxes you scottish bastard!! lol
Oh and you can have Gordon Brown back we don't want him!
Quote by rickyy
Reminds me of that movie about the English fellow who fought the English to free England from the English.

Braveheart?
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Quote by sdnsausagerolls

I bet you've never paid tax in your life, you whiny turd.
Quote by madhampster
yay culture war!

i know, right?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by sdnsausagerolls

Scotland don't make it in to the top three areas where the Government give out spending. We're making money off of them.

Bloody hell, think before making assumptions.
Quote by guitargod21136
Braveheart?

. . Family Guy reference
Quote by IronNecrosis
fixed

Way to go, your stereotyping there only reinforces what I said about human nature in general. Hats off to you, sir.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by IronNecrosis

Quote by BaffAttack

I think it's the nature of americans to mock what they don't understand, which of course, includes other cultures. In some cases it's benign, in some its down right bigotry, but usually the middle ground rests somewhere around mild cases of xenophobia.

fixed

lol, someone just contradicted himself greatly.
SPOILERS about the Culture War:

America wins.
END OF DISCUSSION.
Last edited by NowhereOutThere at Jun 8, 2008,