I've been interested in building a guitar for a while but i have no idea where to start, i've looked at the sticky for this but the different resources focused on more specific things like wiring etc, i know these are important but I still dont know where to start with building one, would anyone be able to post a link to a site that could help or even give a rough guide of how they went about it?

thanks in advance...
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
seriously, buy a book about it. Better than any resource online. Someone after me I know will post the book everyone uses. If you have not ever used tools for a considerable amount of time I would seriously consider you work with some materials before you spend money on a guitar. That and you will need a lot of equipment. I point this out because you seem like you are doing your homework and these are important things to know. As I mentioned in another post.... This may be my first guitar (which has gone good) but I've done other things... like this

http://www.dulaneyrobotics.com/components/photogallery/2008/atlanta/atlanta-09.jpg

so ask yourself if you really have the skills to do it. Look at Ormsey's post (sorry if I screw up the spelling) He has a video guide of him building a guitar from scratch that I found helpful.
ormsby's youtube videos are pretty good, but the book is irreplaceable. and i forget the title right now. s***.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
o one more thing: read the book, then do the build. DONT do them simultaneously, u will screw up if u do.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Yea. Always good to plan ahead. I've had the experience of not
i've had a look at that video and tbh i dont think i have the tools required and tbh i'm too cheap to go out and buy them
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

Me too!
Yea, ormsby does it on a massive scale, you don't want to be looking at those sort of tools just yet :p
have a look on the tutorial section of tht website i posted, have enough info to get you some knowledge.
in reality, there are few tools specific to guitar building. i dont think i have any. one thing u have to understand, Ormsby's a pro who makes his living off of guitars.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
in reality, there are few tools specific to guitar building. i dont think i have any. one thing u have to understand, Ormsby's a pro who makes his living off of guitars.

yea i understand that but all i have is whatever's in my dads toolbox, which isnt much in the way of saws etc
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

Me too!
ok that makes life difficult but do u have any saws at all? if u do, u can use them. its just a pain to use handheld saws.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
think we have a small hacksaw, one of those big saws that you immediately think of at the word saw, and one of those ones with the big bracket thing so you cut at the right angle
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

Me too!
the hacksaw might work, but dont cut right at the line (in case of mistakes) file it to the line afterwards
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
from what I gather.... your tool selection is very limited which will make it extremely hard and if you don't know what your doing even harder if not near impossible. A router is almost necessary, though some have gotten by with a dremel and others a chisel, but I highly suggest reconsidering unless you have access to a shop as do most of us here.