Well I got my new Ibanez S2170FB S Prestige 2 days ago, and really like the feel and playability of the guitar, but the tone is not so good. It is not bright enough for my taste. My SG is really bright compared to this, and I would like to get a similar sound out of this guitar.

Raising my Pickups helped some, but still do not sound bright enough. Could I solve this with a pickup change? The bridge pickup is a DiMarzio IBZ, as comes standard, but I was thinking of replacing it switch something that has a high treble.

http://www.dimarzio.com/site/#/pickups/
On the DiMarzio website they have the sound specs, and I was looking into either the super2 (maybe too much treble ) or the D Activator. Any thought on these pickups, or other ones that may be able to give me a bright tone out of my bridge pickup?

btw im playing though a 15w spider3 (hoping to get a vox), let the flaming begin.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79
Well I got my new Ibanez S2170FB S Prestige 2 days ago, and really like the feel and playability of the guitar, but the tone is not so good. It is not bright enough for my taste. My SG is really bright compared to this, and I would like to get a similar sound out of this guitar.

Raising my Pickups helped some, but still do not sound bright enough. Could I solve this with a pickup change? The bridge pickup is a DiMarzio IBZ, as comes standard, but I was thinking of replacing it switch something that has a high treble.

http://www.dimarzio.com/site/#/pickups/
On the DiMarzio website they have the sound specs, and I was looking into either the super2 (maybe too much treble ) or the D Activator. Any thought on these pickups, or other ones that may be able to give me a bright tone out of my bridge pickup?

btw im playing though a 15w spider3 (hoping to get a vox), let the flaming begin.

try it with new strings
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
It's your amp.

My friend owns the same guitar, and he could get plenty of treble when he used the stock pickups.