When i sweep i don't know how to mute the strings as i downstroke and its frustrating when i hear all the other strings ring out. I have every motion right except that one. Then when i try to mute them i end up doing a palm muted sweep.
lol, same problem here man, no idea what to do
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Start slow and build up speed.
Cliché answer but it's true. Start slowly and cleanly and slowly build up speed
ohai little sig.
Again? i can sweep pretty fast now but its sloppy. Even if i do go slow i don't know how to mute the strings.
you are not really "muting" the string, just moving your fingers down the next string.
I can only speak from personal experience and preference, but this is what I do:

When I sweep down with my right hand I use the palm of my hand (the part you do a ''karate chop'' with) to mute the strings directly after I've let them ring. To effectively achieve this I stretch out my thumb and index finger that are holding the pick. It takes some practice to get the notes to run out. If its a 5 string or more sweep I dont mute the last 2 or 3 strings because I usually do a trill there, and muting trills is like killing little cats for fun.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Ibanez RG 7 EXFX (27'' scale, 2x EMG 707)

Amp:
Mesa/Boogie Studio .20 Caliber

Recording:
Line 6 Studio POD GX
Sorry but that line doesnt make sence to me, could you clarify?
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amp:

Recording:
Line 6 Studio POD GX
Quote by devilmaycrykid
Lol I hear all the strings that i hit before when i lift my fingers off the strings.

lift your finger slower
from what your description is, it sounds like youre doing a pull-off to open?
if thats the case, lift the left hand finger up just high enough to get the string off the fret
instant mute, sounds perfect every time
takes an assload of practice though
Quote by aedmiston
lift your finger slower
from what your description is, it sounds like youre doing a pull-off to open?
if thats the case, lift the left hand finger up just high enough to get the string off the fret
instant mute, sounds perfect every time
takes an assload of practice though

Thanks i hope it helps.
True, finger muting is more accurate but takes a LOT (and I mean a LOT) of effort to get down. I can do both palm and finger muting on sweeps now and I find that accurate palm muting works just as effective (altho the technique itself requires some tweakage for it) as finger muting.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amp:

Recording:
Line 6 Studio POD GX