Okay GG&A, I need a bit of help on deciding on my new amp. My current is a worn out soild state used piece of crap, it's time to go TUBE!

First thing, and I'm sure what the answer is going to be already, but- should I get a combo amp, or a half stack? Before you guys fly off the handle, it's a 30 watt amp, I'm not aiming for anything huge here. I'll be gigging every so often with it, but it also needs to be suitable for practices, with a band, and solo.

I was thinking the Peavey Classic 30, as the option for either the stack with a 2/12" Cab, or the combo with a 12".

Secondly- I'll be replacing the speakers in either of the situations. I'm looking for the classic British Roar, so I was thinking "The Governor" by Eminence, it sounds pretty amazing.

Help?... Views?.... Opinions?....
Sex? ( just kidding)

If you're going british then maybe a peavey delta blues would be better, it's a good imitation of a AC30 I've heard.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
You hit it spot on with the C30 + Speaker change.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
the peav. sounds about right for what you want...now i heard there would be sex?
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Quote by Lamrick21
the peav. sounds about right for what you want...now i heard there would be sex?

haha
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by Lamrick21

There's always sex, you just have to find me
Quote by darkarbiter7
You hit it spot on with the C30 + Speaker change.

Do you think the combo or half stack would be better suited? A lot of places around where I am don't have great P.A.'s
Even if you did need the volume from the half stack and used it, you would kill the people upfront and the people in the back would still have hard time hearing you. Not being mic'd sucks.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
So you think the combo is the better idea?
Could it stand up to a drummer when it was unmic'd? (in practice)
This is my first tube, sorry if these questions seem kinda dumb
If you're worried about volume and sound dispersion, go for the 50 watt version with the extra speakers.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I just called up a couple of my buddies, apparently I was wrong. A few of the "major" places around us have PA's, so I don't think I gotta worry, I should be good with the classic 30, I'll go out and find one and see how it really handles at the louder volumes.
Also, would anyone recommend changing the stock tubes that come with the C30?
I thought the new ones came with good tubes (atleast power tubes).
But, if you get an older one, you may have to change them out.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I thought the new ones came with good tubes (atleast power tubes).
But, if you get an older one, you may have to change them out.

Alright, thanks