One of my goals in life before I die is to go around the world and sample good food at local cuisines or restaurants(kind of like Guy from Diners Drive-Ins and Dips)...so i was wondering what are some awesome places around your area that you eat at. And I'm not talking about big chains like McDonalds or Outback I'm talking about family owned restaurants that perhaps specialize in something or have a unique menu

I live in Central Jersey and anyone that lives here has definitely gone to Grease Trucks in Rutgers University...basically this place has a huge list of different sandwiches that contain ingredients from french fries to mozzarella sticks all in one roll, in fact Maxim Magazine named the "Fat Darryl" called it the top sandwich in the nation in 2004

so anyways please discuss on
Bear's - Covington, Louisiana. don't go to the one in mandeville.
Bot and Nolla's snow balls - Abita Springs, Louisiana.
Port of Call, or Snug Harbor - New orleans.
you could spend a year or two in New orleans itself eating there...but those are my favorite. they don't specialize in seafood, they're probably the only two that don;t.
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Gothenburg: Sweden

If you ever go here you need to find a place called "Indiska hörnet" or in english "The Indian Corner" It's just amazing indian food with, naan bread, perfect taste of everything. I really need to go to eat there soon myself as it was a while ago. If you ever get here check it out. PM if you want the address=)

Best food I've ever had no doubt and I've eaten a lot of indian food. Btw, it's the New Delhi/Calcutta India and not "honest injuns"
The Flaming pit, is a lounge type of place awesome food
Five Guys burgers - dont know if this is big chain, ive only seen a few in maryland.

This is in gaithersburg maryland
Quote by Chaosinborn
Five Guys burgers - dont know if this is big chain, ive only seen a few in maryland.

We've got a few in Georgia. I love 'em.
her ein the northwest uk we have a place called the curry mile
its a mile of road (funnily enough) of just curry houses and kebab/pizza shops its bloody amazing. The one we usually go into after shows burnt down about 40 minutes after we had been in thre after seeing down to nothing
Passion Before Fashion

---------------------------------------------------------
Ibanez S470DQXM
Amp Fund 0/300
----------------------------------------------------------
Quote by ArmedForBattle
her ein the northwest uk we have a place called the curry mile
its a mile of road (funnily enough) of just curry houses and kebab/pizza shops its bloody amazing. The one we usually go into after shows burnt down about 40 minutes after we had been in thre after seeing down to nothing

Sounds bloody nice, where in UK is it?
The Majestic in Dowtown Detroit is Amazing

Great food and really awesome concerts.

Its actually the Venue where Houdini got attacked, which led to his death. D:

And there's this place called Izzy's in Harper Woods,

where all the food is GINORMOUS but really good too.

If you order like, one dinner there,

you can basically eat for a whole week.
Quote by LulzDefender
The Majestic in Dowtown Detroit is Amazing

Great food and really awesome concerts.

Its actually the Venue where Houdini got attacked, which led to his death. D:

And there's this place called Izzy's in Harper Woods,

where all the food is GINORMOUS but really good too.

If you order like, one dinner there,

you can basically eat for a whole week.

That Izzy place must be the best ever.
mcdonalds just about sums it up
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Macon, Georgia - JL's BBQ
Tallahassee and Savannah and somewhere else in Ga - Crystal River
Here in Toronto (Etobicoke) we have Apache burgers, right up the street from Kipling subway station (the end of the line) pretty much where all the familys take their kids, guys take their dates, groups of friends go before and/or after shows/clubs/bars. Best burgers I've ever had, anywhere, ever. The owners are ****ing loaded too, they have like $130,000 cars, and they deserve every penny cause those burgers are ****ing awsome!
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
Quote by Mr_Mysterio
Here in Toronto (Etobicoke) we have Apache burgers, right up the street from Kipling subway station (the end of the line) pretty much where all the familys take their kids, guys take their dates, groups of friends go before and/or after shows/clubs/bars. Best burgers I've ever had, anywhere, ever. The owners are ****ing loaded too, they have like $130,000 cars, and they deserve every penny cause those burgers are ****ing awsome!

Do they happen to have a barber shop next door where the customers are known for dissapearing?
Quote by The Silent Fool
Do they happen to have a barber shop next door where the customers are known for dissapearing?

um... no lol. On one side is Six Points plaza, on the other side is Dundas Street Grille, There's a barbershop kind of nearby though... not next door though.
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
Ubuntu
made the top ten restaraunts in the U.S
best vegetarian food ever with a yoga studio upstairs
I have nothing unique or funny to put here.
Manchester has the curry mile, china-town and a couple of good italian places (especially Dough in the northern quarter)
There's also an african restaurant which is on my to-do list

"Manchester has everything except a beach" - Ian Brown
Quote by Mr_Mysterio

I see that place all the time, but I've never been there. I'll keep it in mind.

My friends and I always go to Kom Jug on Spadina for Chinese... it's kinda sketchy, they seem to fail a lot of inspections and the menu is just scrawled on neon printer paper and taped to the walls. But it is delicious and we've been going there for years and haven't died of food poisoning yet.

There's also a really good pho restaurant on Spadina around where kensington market is. I forget what it's called, but it's on a corner and half of it is a giant sun room.
There are tons of delicious BBQ restaurants around here, this is a great area for that. That's probably the most specific NC cuisine, I'd say.

There's another place here in Durham I like called Satisfaction, it's got awesome pizza.