Okay today, I got my Jackson Dinky and my Peavy Valveking 212 .
I can read tabs, but no way can i play them that fast, right now only thing i can play is the intro to Sober by TooL. I'm trying to play stuff like theirs, meshuggah, apc, metallica, opeth, etc. What amp settings should i use? I don't have effects. I don't know the basic techniques like bends, slides, hopos. What techniques/skills/songs should i start with? I tried Smells Like Teen Spirit and it didnt happen If anyone wants to be kind and help me over aim i can offer you something of value (pretty good gift) im me over aim pinegetmoney
jammorama? i dont have paypal but if you can buy it for me i can offer you guys the follow 4 steam accounts ( css, cs 1.6, hl2) and i have 5 call of duty 4 cdkeys, and 2 private vpn paid accounts. contact me over aim if anyone wants these in exchange for guitar online lessons
IM me at pinegetmoney (aim)
start off slow, focusing on technique and accuracy, then add speed. i think the first thing i learnt that could be shown off was marilyn manson's cover of sweet dreams, give that a try.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
anyone wanna buy me an online guitar lesson account and i can trade them something please?
Practice on your clean channel. It's not as fun as distortion, but it will let you hear when you're making mistakes. As a rule of thumb (at least the one I go by), don't play it dirty until you can play it clean.

Start on basic stuff. Learn what chords are. Learn scales. Search these forums for "beginner songs" and "beginner techniques". Religiously read through the lessons on the main site. Search youtube. There's a wealth of information available to you. Most of all, just be paitent and have fun.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
thats my dream gear.. for now , you prob wont even need a new guitar or amp ..
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by jake_1234
Wait a sec, your a 'TOTAL' beginner with a Valveking?

haha...

I would suggest practising without the amp because

a) You can hear your mistakes better.

and

b) Nothing sounds worse than an absolute beginner with a massively loud amp
more sig required.
i knew the line 6 ss amps sucked, and so did the other ****ing ss ones especially the cheaper marshalls, so my choice was the 430 valveking 112 or the 450 valveking 212, or the vox tube amps i didnt demo the vox tube amps i think i should have, they also had a really nice one b52 at 112 but it was too much, I also bought a tama impersal star
lol.

Yeah, it's a solid amp/guitar combo, but it's a little like having a V-8 mustang when you don't even know how to drive yet.

Practice clean or without the amp alltogether. That way your neighbors won't form an angry mob complete with torches and pitchforks outside your door.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by amd123
lmao, guess what else i have a bmw 740i and i dont even have a permit dead serious

You have too much money
more sig required.
i have a job and im 15 if you want more info, its a job YOU CAN DO TOO im me on aim pinegetmoney and ill explain more, its a really really easy job
I applaud your sneakiness, but no advertising.

*reported*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
LOL this guy is so fake!!
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco Sunburst
Laney VC-15
How did he go from being too cheap to paying $40 for this jamorama thing, to having uber expensive gear, a BMW, and lots of money from his sweet job...
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
you can't buy a bmw when ur 15, either your parents buy all your stuff or your just lying.
Switzerland is small and neutral! We are more like Germany, ambitious and misunderstood!
Quote by amd123
someone's a godman f***ing retard i can't pay for jamorama cuz i have no credit card you f***ing noob, you suck please gtfo the internet

Somehow I think you'll be leaving this bit of the internet before he does....
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com