Hey
so I am starting my job at Music and Arts tomorrow and I will be doing misc retail work that will involve helping customers and running the register. I am pretty nervous as it is my first job and I dont know how to run the register but I will be trained so its not that big of a deal. Does anyone have any retail related advice to help me sell more?
Honesty

Worked for me very well, don't be afraid to tell customers if you don't think a brand is very good, but always have well reasoned arguments for your opinions
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Just don't be a dick. I hate going into some music stores because they think that you don't know what your doing and treat you like sh*t. and ya be honest and do your best to help the customer and if your on commission its good to show the slightly more expensive items for legit reasons. *wink*
Raise Your Hand If you Like:

3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab For Cutie
Every Time I Die
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Pride Tiger

My cousins band from Vancouver-NWOBCHM- myspace.com/scarstruckmetalband
A: if your going to tell jokes to lighten the mood when talking to a customer, don't screw it up because it will result in akward silence and the customer feeling nervous.
B: rape is not on
C: don't be a complete wanker.
Quote by dio_dude
A: if your going to tell jokes to lighten the mood when talking to a customer, don't screw it up because it will result in akward silence and the customer feeling nervous.
B: rape is not on
C: don't be a complete wanker.

Why is it that rape is innevitably brought up in every thread?