Page 1 of 2
I've never came to the Pit for medical advice, but here it is.

I have this "ball" under my jaw (between the chin and throat) and it's been there quite awhile. When I touch it I can kinda move it, but it doesn't hurt at all. It's not noticeable by eye either, nor is it big, it's something you have to touch.

I had my biology teacher feel it, and he said it could be a swollen gland, but it's been there for a while and hasn't really toned down it's size or anything.

So pit, should I be worried, can someone tell me what it is?
LARGE TEXT
adams apple?
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
No, he means over to the side, kinda close to his ear. I have one too, you've described it personally. I'm going to get it checked out by a doctor but it's usually just hormonal.

EDIT: also an adam's apple is noticable by eye.
Quote by Chaosinborn
its your adams apple dude

no, cause he said you can't really see it.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
yeah i know what you mean, dont worry its nothing to worry about.

*EDIT* your biology teacher felt your ball.. *giggle*
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
If your biology teacher thinks it's just a swollen gland, it's probably a lymph node or others in that region...

...however, it could also be a cyst.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Holy.
I had my biology teacher feel it

You had physical contact with your teacher? Are you sure he didnt check for lumps anywhere else? Anyone else getting the Chris Hansen vibe?
I had one about two years ago, I went to the doctor and he gave me some meds that I took for about a week. It went down in size but didn't go away. I still have it, but it's so small now that I don't really worry about it.

Edit: And no, it's not an adams apple
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by Holy.
I have this "ball" under my jaw (between the chin and throat) and it's been there quite awhile. When I touch it I can kinda move it, but it doesn't hurt at all. It's not noticeable by eye either, nor is it big, it's something you have to touch.

Quote by Chaosinborn
its your adams apple dude

Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
adam's apple?

inb4 Pit's not your personal doctor

Quote by redhawk1029
adams apple?

Quote by TheLeviathan
Our little boys become a man and got himself an adams apple.

Seems like quite a few people here can't read.
It's not my adams apple.

So I shouldn't be worried than? How long does it take for it to go away?
LARGE TEXT
most likely its your submandibular gland, it produces starch to break down foods in your mouth
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
Quote by synpet713192
Seems like quite a few people here can't read.

time... on... hands..............
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
It's a swollen lymph node. If you experience persistent fever, etc., try to get a doctor to check it out. Swollen glands/nodes can be caused by sinus issues - runny nose, etc.

This happened to me, I got a doctor to check it out, and he perscribed an antibiotic that cut down the fever and brought down the swelling within a few days.
Good luck
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
I get those all the time, especially after colds. Mine usually last no more than a week though...
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by Holy.
It's not my adams apple.

So I shouldn't be worried than? How long does it take for it to go away?

I've had mine for months and no sign of it going down in size. Presumably medication is needed if you don't want to wait a very long time.
inb4 aids
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Count your testicles, I found one sitting above my eyebrow one morning
ohai little sig.
Quote by Vinnie9
It's a swollen lymph node. If you experience persistent fever, etc., try to get a doctor to check it out. Swollen glands/nodes can be caused by sinus issues - runny nose, etc.

This happened to me, I got a doctor to check it out, and he perscribed an antibiotic that cut down the fever and brought down the swelling within a few days.
Good luck

never mind this guy is right
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
BALLCHINIAN!!!!!! RUN!!

Well, to me (with all my wonderful medical training), it sounds like a swollen gland, but you should probably have someone who knows what they're talking about take a look at it.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
It's not anything to worry about, just have a doctor check it out.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
BALLCHINIAN!!!!!! RUN!!

Well, to me (with all my wonderful medical training), it sounds like a swollen gland, but you should probably have someone who knows what they're talking about take a look at it.

Men In Black reference?
Quote by ShaunDiel
Men In Black reference?

Oh thank god someone got it!

Quote by Scumbag1792
if it's right under your ear, it's your glands.

mine get swollen right before i get my period

they're probably swollen because of your hormones. get your doctor to check it out if you're worried.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I'll probably wait about a month to see if it goes away at least a little.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by thefuzz454
I had one about two years ago, I went to the doctor and he gave me some meds that I took for about a week. It went down in size but didn't go away. I still have it, but it's so small now that I don't really worry about it.

Edit: And no, it's not an adams apple

Same exact thing happened to me. It was between my adams apple and my chin, but more towards the top of my adams apple. It was pretty large so my parents noticed it and my mom took me to the doctor and he gave me some meds and it's small and un noticable now, but still there. He said that it will never go away. I also have one on my neck where my traps meet my neck. They're not anything to be worried about. I've had 'em for as long as I can remember.
Quote by Metallica Fan21
Same exact thing happened to me. It was between my adams apple and my chin, but more towards the top of my adams apple. It was pretty large so my parents noticed it and my mom took me to the doctor and he gave me some meds and it's small and un noticable now, but still there. He said that it will never go away. I also have one on my neck where my traps meet my neck. They're not anything to be worried about. I've had 'em for as long as I can remember.

Is this you?
Quote by ShaunDiel

Is this you?

AHH!

Quote by Scumbag1792
Lol balls on chin.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Page 1 of 2