hey, im going to be working a lot during the summer and so should have a bit of cash to spend on guitar related things . I often hear on UG people saying that a new guitar or new pups are useless if you have a poor amp and so i am really looking for something that would bring out the potential of any guitar plugged into it. I know nothing about amps and so could do with some advice on what to look for, basically i would like to spend under £300 if possible and have something that will sound really nice and be fairly versatile but mainly be for rock, metal. Is £300 too little for a good amp? thanks
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by mcrfobtai
I'm not too familiar with pounds but I think a VC-15 is under that and I have heard it is a phenominal (sp?) amp.

okay cool, well £300 is about $600 dollars i think, i dont want to spend that much just enough to buy a decent amp that will bring out the potential of any guitar and is quite versatile so i can play around with different styles. How is the Vox ad-30vt? would that be much of a step up from my microcube?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Last edited by lwayneio at Jun 8, 2008,
hmmm lots of people seem to be liking the laney's. How is the vox ad-30vt? like i say im not looking to spend a fortune just enough to have a nice, versatile amp.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
The Vox is a hybrid. It has a tube preamp only, not a tube power amp section. Try one, it may work for you but try the Laney beside it so you can properly compare.