Well
I was talking to this person i know who plays guitar, soometimes 16 hours per day!(No Life)
I told him i was saving for a new amp, a 50 watt Vox Valvetronix. He asked why and i said my 10 watt thing isnt loud enough and i want 3 band EQ. He said to just get a pedal that makes my amp sound like 50 watt volume and he said get an EQ.
Was i right in saying piss off i dont want to blow my amp up by making it louder?
Opinions?

P.S I didnt buy a pedal to make it louder or an EQ pedal i came here first lol
Look at amp fund i couldnt really get anything right now
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Last edited by jake_1234 at Jun 8, 2008,
yes u were. for one that kind of wattage is a good investment and for two a pedal cant amplify your amp by 40 watts over the amps capability w/o obliterating the speakers. i say go for the amp. probably better tone anyways. oh that two. if the pedal isnt true bypass then it sucks unnecessary tone out of sound when u couldve just gotten an amp.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

You were right.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
way to go man.. you deserve a high five for owning a complete gear n00b
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
yes
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Quote by Jammin'
way to go man.. you deserve a high five for owning a complete gear n00b

Yes i dont really like that guy lol. He owns an RG and he is pretty good but when it comes to knowing stuff about pedals, effects and amps he knows jack all!
I know a bit thanks to the wonderfull Electric Guitar forum FAQ's

EDIT: He thinks a distortion pedal works by adjusting a gain setting inside of the amp that you apparently cant adjust without a distortion pedal, not by clipping sound waves.
Idiot lol
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Last edited by jake_1234 at Jun 8, 2008,
16 hours?!? i can barely stay awake 16 hours a day
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik