So my friend is repairing his Fender Bassman and needs a touch of help. He says, and I quote:

"I am trying to fix a Fender Bassman AB165 head. The Main Volume Pot (Potentiometer) is seized up and I need a replacement one for the "Bass Instrument"side.

What kind of Pot do I need, and where can I get it?"

There you go. Help please?
try using pliers to carefully turn the knob and un-jam it. to find the type of pot find the schematic for the AB165.



those things should help you find the pot to replace.
That amp is blackface fender those are the most sought after fender amps ever made I would take it to a professional and have them do the work thats what I'm doing with MY 1961 Bandmaster.