Ok as I have said many of times in other threads, I am new to playing guitar.
So here's my question: I have heard around that pickups do nothing. So before I buy one I want to know if they actually make a difference and if its worth changing pickups before I do so, cuz I was looking at EMG 81 and 85's because I heard some good reviews about them but if pickups don't mean anything I'd like to know before I waste my doe.

O, and try not to mock me for my lack of guitar knowledge. Thanx
We won't mock you, but firstly I assume you don't have a nice amp. The difference of a new amp would far outweigh new pickups.

BTW, spell properly.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
The Difference between a PAF Pickup with Alnico magnets and an Active EMG is Huge. Depends what styles your after, and what amp you have though. as well as body wood on your guitar. They DO make a difference though
...well now, this is original.
well, you are a new person to guitar and most likely have an amp that does not produce the greatest tone. And so 1) a pick up swap would be a waste of money, 2) Active emgs would make your tone worse possibly
Quote by Darth Suidar
Ok as I have said many of times in other threads, I am new to playing guitar.
So here's my question: I have heard around that pickups do nothing. So before I buy one I want to know if they actually make a difference and if its worth changing pickups before I do so, cuz I was looking at EMG 81 and 85's because I heard some good reviews about them but if pickups don't mean anything I'd like to know before I waste my doe.

O, and try not to mock me for my lack of guitar knowledge. Thanx

You misunderstood. what the person/people were trying to say is a pickup swap with a solid state amp won't make a difference.
It's not that it makes a difference. The thing is so many times people are unsatisfied with their tone and look to their pups when it's their amp that is the problem. Pups are more for tweaking.

Going from single coils to EMGs would be a huge leap though as they are about polar opposites, but if you have a crappy amp you'll be hard pressed to tell, and if it's solid state will drive it too hard and make it sound worse.

Take this to heart: A crappy guitar through a great amp will always sound better than a great guitar through a crappy amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not