Hey there Pit!
Well, I'm selling my EMG's, so this might belong in the Gear Ads, but maybe not.
My real reason for posting is to question whether to trust a guy whose asking for the pickups, but says that he will mail his payment, a "Bank Certified Check in US dollars," then I tell him I've recieved the payment, and his shipper comes to pick the pickups up.
Are these kind of trades liable to work perfectly? Or is it a possible scam?
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
IT could be because of the way hes paying you. It will show up perfectly normal but 1 month later chances the bank is going to screw you
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
def. a scam. this is the oldest 419 trick around. prolly from Nigeria, has no idea what pickups are. They will send you a fake check, and you will be on the hook after trying to deposit it. this website is awesome, www.419eater.com

I use CL all the time.....for music gear, anyway. Only deal local, and in cash, and try to meet somewhere. I would never want any of the weirdos I have dealt with from CL to know where I live or see my gear, and getsome big plans to rob me later, etc.

To the life noobs before me that say just wait till it clears, you my firends, are a scammers dream. The check clears you bank, and $ is wired to Nigeria, you bank never gets teh funds from Nigerian bank, your bank then comes after you for the money. I realize that you guys prolly dont have jobs, let alone checking accounts, but this is how it works, and there will be no debate about it.

This is why it works so well. Think about it.....what would some dude in Nigeria want EMGs for? They dont care about the stuff, they just get the cash in the end. Nigeria's governments is all screwed up, and thats just how it is.
Last edited by mickjones76 at Jun 8, 2008,
yeah pretty sure it's a scam. Someone actually tried the same thing on my dad's girlfriend. Ask for paypal or cash.
its a scam, you will get those many times when you put up something on Craigslist
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
def a scam, don't ever sell to someone who has shippers coming by

read the fraud alert on craigslist
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
don't do it, the craigslist rules say local pickup only, and they say that for a reason. I have only ever bought stuff on there locally, and I don't think that I will buy anything on there by mailling and cheques, seems unsafe.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Can I ask you guys further?
What do you think of the actual text he e-mailed me:
Quote by Craigslist Buyer
Good day seller,

How are you today and how is work over there, i will be buying the item you posted here but i will like to tell you that i will be paying with a bank certified check in US dollars and as for the shipment my shipper will come over there for the pick up at your location upon your confirmation of receiving the payment and i dont want you to look for any other buyer.
I would have love to come down for the pickup, but i do not have chance to do that now due to my job but am satisfied with your discription of the item i will like you to give me your contact info for me to mail your payment. You can give me a call or leave me a message i will get back to you later on my phone number 425-906-3556.

1....Your full name to be on the check
2.....Your full contact address to send the payment to (Not PO Box)
3....Your zip code
4....Your mobile or home phone no to reach you. I will expect your mail. ASAP

Thanks in Advance.

So what do you think? Definite scam, don't even try it, go ahead, but make sure the check clears, or don't even worry about it?
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by konkordmusk
Can I ask you guys further?
What do you think of the actual text he e-mailed me:

So what do you think? Definite scam, don't even try it, go ahead, but make sure the check clears, or don't even worry about it?

please read my 1st post
Quote by mickjones76
please read my 1st post

I did, and I actually considered it, but I can't be sure he is even from Nigeria.
Excellent advice, and I'll probably follow it, and stick with local dealings.
Thanks a bunch!
Quote by leeb rocks