I've been looking into buying a new acoustic and I found a guitar that I absolutely love. The only problem is that it's very trebly and the bass is very low, so it would be a good guitar for lead, but not too great for rhythm. Is their any way I can increase the bass on this guitar?
bass... not really unless you're plugging in. but even in that case it's not "true" bass which the instrument creates. some strings tend to be more warm and bassy than bright. it's not really increasing the bass, but just drawing out a bit more potential that the guitar has.

I found that DR and Martin SP 80/20 bronze have a bit more bass than other strings i've tried.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
get some thicker strings.. there are string gauges whose bass are thicker but the lower strings are still quite thin..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Would using two different gauges work? If I left the E, B, and G at it's current gauge, and then Switched to a higher gauge on the D, A, and E?
I would think not. the lower strings produce most of the bassy tone in a guitar. the higher strings usually provide the bright definition of the guitar.
Equipment:

Quote by justnmcknz
Would using two different gauges work? If I left the E, B, and G at it's current gauge, and then Switched to a higher gauge on the D, A, and E?

Yes, thicker gauge E, A, and D strings would give you more bass.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
I'd say thicker strings. Go 12s, or 13s if you want even more.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by captivate
I would think not. the lower strings produce most of the bassy tone in a guitar. the higher strings usually provide the bright definition of the guitar.

whoops. disregard that. i tend not to read the whole post when im really tired(God bless softball. feeling tired after a good practice is a great feeling). you can probably increase the bass a bit, but the sound might be a little uneven.
Equipment:

yep.. getting higher gauges for you E A D strings would be fine.. like i said, there are string packs whose gauges are relatively thick at the bass then thin at the G B E(high) strings.. just can't remember a brand..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R