Poll Options
View poll results: Cigs?
Yay
101 22%
Nay
356 78%
Voters: 458.
Page 1 of 4
What are your thoughts on smoking cigarettes? Do you smoke, and if so how often or for what reason?

I personally say nay; I just don't find it very appealing. However, a good number of my friends smoke or find it sexy and whatnot. Thoughts?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Cigarettes are nay. Bad for your health, smell bad, and kissing a girl who have smoked is gross.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by JeanMi36
Cigarettes are nay. Bad for your health, smell bad, and kissing a girl who have smoked is gross.

^^Unless you're a guy who smokes.
Mmm well I'm a smoker, and I guess in an aesthetic way it's kind of sexy what with all the billowing smoke and whatnot, but it's still pretty gross considering what it does to you. I'm planning on quitting this year for that reason.
Mind you, a lot of smokers are "planning" on quitting...
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Cigars > cigarettes

No one likes a shorter, inferior product.

Once you go black, you never go back?
[/unnecessary remark]
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Hmmm really depends on the person whether its attractive or not
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
nay on cigarettes

weed > cigs
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.
I don't smoke, and I think it's un-attractive. I could never be with a girl who smoked, ever. Second-hand gets me sick after a while, and I start coughing up stuff. But I don't mind if people smoke, as long as they're not obnoxious about it.
NAY NAY NAY...
ya know, some people think its 'hot' and they think smoking will get more chicks or whatnot...

its not me, it smells like crap... and yeah... i hate it.
Anyone who smokes is a tool of advertising. They do it because they are told it's the cool thing to do.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
eh its deff a nay for me

tho yesterday i took a pull and it wasnt that bad...

then again i was drunk off my ass...
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
I wouldn't consider myself a smoker, but on a nice night at the bar with a nice buzz going, there is nothing better than the combination of hoegaarden and a cigarette. Also, props on the 3eb icon TS
Quote by SLD.Potato
Anyone who smokes is a tool of advertising. They do it because they are told it's the cool thing to do.

WRONG

They do it for nicotine.
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
i've never met a girl who finds cigarettes sexy.

i quit thankfully.

but they do have their uses. most people will share their weed if you give them one or two
NAY! I hate the smell, the taste, and it is not sexy, if my gf started to smoke I would make her quit for me, and if she wouldn't I would dump her.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
it's gross and it smells like ****.

EDIT:
Quote by Lasyk
NAY! I hate the smell, the taste, and it is not sexy, if my gf started to smoke I would make her quit for me, and if she wouldn't I would dump her.

I agree completely.
Ha. Of course UG's mass youth population will say Nay. When they hit highschool their opinions will change...and i dont smoke by the way, though i hold nothing against it and will have one on occasion, so its a yay for me.
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
i have to say YAY as I smoke yet always want to quit, people can't talk smack if theyve never been addicted to cigarettes. Smoking is awesome in between coughing and such. Smoke feels so good going down your throat . A big YAY to smoking!
Nay, tried them, didn't like them enough to keep doing it, though I do like to smoke weed.
Nay, its disgusting and stupid.
I lost my grandfather from lung cancer last year caused from smoking.
The tragic thing is that every smoker on UG that reads this thread will begin thinking about having a smoke, then decide they want a smoke, then light one up.

I say this because I am experiencing it.
Quote by SLD.Potato

yeah, all those advertisements by anti-smoking campaigns and charities make me want to go and light up a cigarette right now.

anyway, I don't smoke but I do find non-smokers attitudes towards smokers to be incredibly annoying.
nay. shortens your life and is gross and expensive.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
well,
I smoke so yay for me
EDIT:I'm only 15 and i've been smoking for roughly a year with about a 3 month break cause my then girlfriend wanted me to quit
Last edited by thoraxe at Jun 8, 2008,
personally i can live without cigs. ive never seemed to get addicted to them as much as ive smoked
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
my position
i dont smoke, i dont plan on it
but if you want to go for it
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
maybe once a month i'll smoke a cig. only to chill me out.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
so far ive smoked more cigars than cigarettes... yea
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I'm a pretty big advocate of "nay".
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Page 1 of 4