I wanna learn how to play hardcore/screamo music on my guitar.
I have been playing for about 4 years and the past year i have been really getting into this type of music and i just dont know how to get it to sound like screamo bands do.
i dont wanna hear "oh just drop D" your guitar... yah that doesnt sound great all the time..
so basectly what i am asking is:
-Typically what chords are used
-For some break downs and riffs to practice as an example
Thanks in advance.
-Corey

Email: coreycastillo@gmail.com

-------------------
-------------------
-------------------
-000-000-0-0-000-
-000-000-0-0-000-

Your set.

Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
find tabs of bands you like here, and learn the songs. The music is not difficult, its hardcore.
Quote by tomohawkjoe
You guys do realize that this
moved in any position isn't a tritone. There is only two tones in that chord, the root and the diminished fifth.

lol
the thing is all their songs are in drop D
and thats not what i wanna learn
every concert i have gone to the guitarist is playing actual chords
not playing open the whole time... in drop D
what advice are you seeking? really.
playing guitar for hardcore and screamo music is playing guitar for any kind of music, its the same thing. different bands have different styles, its not locked in a certain genre.
here is a novel idea

LISTEN TO HARDCORE BANDS!

if you don't like or know the music why would you want to play it
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by pmeg568c
here is a novel idea

LISTEN TO HARDCORE BANDS!

if you don't like or know the music why would you want to play it

To get the scene gurlz, duh.
Listen to the bands. dont try and look up what chords they use, come up with your own style.
and ps: just because a guitar is in drop D dosnt mean you cant play chords to haha

and most bands nowadays play in C
Passion Before Fashion

---------------------------------------------------------
Ibanez S470DQXM
Amp Fund 0/300
----------------------------------------------------------
a lot of hardcore bands don't play in d or c, a lot of them acutally play in open, so yeah. And it really depends if you mean real hardcore or real screamo, in that case i can help you there. Do you mean bands like Gorilla Biscuits, Cursed, Ceremony, Black Flag for hardcore? And do you mean bands like Circle Takes the Square, City of Caterpillar, Loma Prieta for screamo? If so then ask away.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
To get the scene gurlz, duh.

That's why I do it. =)
I think signatures are lame.

(Not really. I just don't have nice things to put here like you all do. )