Poll: Which Guitar
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Guitar
Les Paul Custom
9 38%
American Deluxe Telecaster
15 63%
Voters: 24.
So I'm looking at getting a new guitar but I'm not sure which I want.

I love Les Paul's they're prbly my fav guitars, but I also really want a Fender Tele.

The one is an Epiphone Custom Black with Bigsby for $680http://www.musikhaus-hermann.de/catalog/images/2%205825.jpg

The Fender is a American Deluxe Tele for $1220
http://musikaster.com/shop/images/Fender%20Telecaster%20American%20Deluxe.jpg
Last edited by Jayok at Jun 8, 2008,
If you want both guitars equally... the Tele's going to be much better quality. You wouldn't want a $1200 LP?
telecasters skeet on les pauls
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
i love the sound of teles (got a nashville deluxe) so +1 on the tele
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
i used to think les pauls were sexy..but their heavy...
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
If you want both guitars equally... the Tele's going to be much better quality. You wouldn't want a $1200 LP?

Nah I don't think I want a $1200 LP cus I'm gonna get an overpriced Epiphone, or a really crappy beat up Gibson for $1200
deoends on what music you play, if you play heavy stuff, probably the tele, if you play blues, or country, prob tele, you can play country on a les paul and visa versa, but if a les paul's your fave, get it, but if you have long gigs, they could hurt your back the next mornin
Word to the tele's. Fenders are pretty much the most responsive guitars out there, I would say. I know that's an opinion, but seriously, I love my strat, which is also an american standard. Your decision would also depend on what genre/sound you're going for.. Tele=twang Paul=low-mid-crunchiness
Hope that kinda helps
Quote by Jayok
Nah I don't think I want a $1200 LP cus I'm gonna get an overpriced Epiphone, or a really crappy beat up Gibson for $1200

Not really true at all... but you're making it seem like what you really want is the Tele, so I won't argue with you.
Well No I'd be interested in a Les Paul for $1200 if it was good, but I can't find good ones at that price. But if you could point one or two out that would be great
Quote by Jayok
Well No I'd be interested in a Les Paul for $1200 if it was good, but I can't find good ones at that price. But if you could point one or two out that would be great

uhm...tele>lp
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
you could get a les paul studio for that price range, but even so i would go tele FO SHO
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Jayok

You've got a lot of options in that price range. You could get an Epi Elitist (arguably on par with the Gibson Standards) for just under $1200:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Elitist-Les-Paul-Standard-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=518401

Or you could get a Gibson studio for about the same price, which is arguably a lower- quality guitar because it doesn't have a maple top.

Finally, you could also get something like a higher- end Tokai off ebay or something-

http://cgi.ebay.com/1984-Tokai-Love-Rock-LS-100-MINTy-Burl-Maple-997_W0QQitemZ200230216866QQihZ010QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Those are two completely different guitars. How can you even begin to compare them?
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
It depends on what you play. Would an LP or a Tele fit your sound better? They're quite different.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál