Okay, so this is pretty much a vent for one of my best friends.

so this guy (one of my best and longest-known friends), and one of his friends broke into the school last weekend, just to have a walk around at night and to say they did it. they would've graduated yesterday were it not for this incident.

when they get into the lobby, they find two others there, one person (20 years old, been in trouble dozens of times, graduated last year on a fifth-year program) i don't know, and another guy who's pretty much bffs with my friend.

Backstory: our school mascot is the Cougar. last year some guy (pretty poorly but still it was a lot of work) carved a gigantic pine log into the shape of a cougar. It looked like a bear with a cat tail, but whatever. he gave it to the school as a class gift. Now this cougar lived under the front stairwell, right next to a window, where it looked out onto the grounds and greeted everyone. it was pretty cool, i mean, a nice little thing to have in the school.

so back to the chase: the two who had already broken in say "hey guys, help us steal the cougar!"

now this is a cougar. carved out of a giant block of pine wood. it is twelve feet long by three feet high. it weighs close to nine hundred pounds.

so my friend and his buddy say "uhhh...no, that's gay. why would you do that? it's stupid."

but the other two say "fuc|< you guys, we're gonna do it and we're gonna have a sweet trophy to prove it!"

so my friend says "geezus, let's get the **** outta here before the cops show up..."

those two bolted. they did nothing but get into and out of the school.

the other two proceeded to push the cougar into the hallway. they then realized they'd not be able to move it all the way to their car, much less lift it whatsoever.

so they decided to roll it.

roll number one broke all four legs off the base. they now had a roughly cylindrical piece of wood with fur carvings, a head and tail.

roll two broke off the tail.

roll three cracked the head.

roll four cracked the head completely off.

they're left with a cougar body.

they then decided to break into the office and carve a death threat into the assistant principal (a much-hated guy, but still) office's wall. and leave a knife in his chair, allegedly (there's no proof of where the knife was actually found)

so they bolted.

next day, one of the guys came back, finished stealing the cougar's body. he also wrote an apology note and left it in the office.

BUT: he named all four of them as the perpertrators.

cut to a couple days later. the cops call everyone to the police station and puts them under arrest on charge of a Class C Felony: breaking and entering a public building, attempted theft, and terrorizing/threatening.

Now: there were surveillance videos of the entire incident. this would prove my friend and his friend's innocense of the felony and leave them only with the misdemeanor of breaking and entering.

the person who wrote the apology could also admit that they had nothing to do with it.

no one's seen him since he posted bail.

and the surveillance videos are yet to be reviewed and probably won't until the trial on august 17th.

Is this bullsh!t or am i just oversensitive?
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Those kids are fucking stupid.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by Kid Fisto
Okay, so this is pretty much a vent for one of my best friends.
it sopped reading here... and skipped to here V
Quote by Kid Fisto

Is this bullsh!t or am i just oversensitive?
...then i read the whole thing...

but that sucks...

and its it's both options...
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Well they did break some laws there, not necessarily all of them.
LARGE TEXT
wow that was a long story. and yes bs. but i still dont get why they would just go in for nothing. its very suspicous
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Your friend was an absolute idiot to break in anyways.
Last edited by Twisted Magnum at Jun 8, 2008,
First of all what your friends did was incredibly stupid, but if what you say about the cameras is true I wouldn't be too worried.
dude i'm sorry but your friend is an idiot. who just breaks into a school just to leave a few minutes later just so you can say you did it. Thats like doing some hardcore opiates like heroin just to say you did it. i know that made no sense but thats what i'm getting at. breaking into a building to say you did it is kinda gay. by the way quick question.. how did they break in???
Just wait until they present the security tapes, that'll clear 'em.

But, damn, I mean wtf? Why was any of that even necessary?
That's... odd.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Stupidity and poor judgement have sent many people to prison.
Your friends will probably be no exception.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
lol, the school that my mom works at's mascot is the cougar. but to be on topic, i bet it would suck to be them
oh yea i forgot to mention, my friend, he's been fired from his job, his college acceptance is in jeapoardy, and he could lose all his financial aid, which isn't good, because he's a very good designer, but his family has like no money whatsoever. but if it was just a misdemeanor, none of that would've happened.

and what's worse is that a star linebacker last year broke in, stole a $12,000 projector, ran out, got in a car chase that ended with the cop losing it on a corner and hitting a tree and almost dying, then he got in a fistfight with the cops when they tried to arrest him the next day. the charges: breaking and entering, grand larceny, driving to endanger, criminal speeding, endangering the life of an officer, assault and battery, and three counts of resisting arrest. all the charges were dropped when his school of choice called to tell them that they really needed his skill on their football team.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by thewho65
Just wait until they present the security tapes, that'll clear 'em.

But, damn, I mean wtf? Why was any of that even necessary?

i've gone into the school at night before. it's kind of fun, it's a way different atmosphere when it's dark and you're alone. and the doors are unlocked half the time.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Kid Fisto
oh yea i forgot to mention, my friend, he's been fired from his job, his college acceptance is in jeapoardy, and he could lose all his financial aid, which isn't good, because he's a very good designer, but his family has like no money whatsoever. but if it was just a misdemeanor, none of that would've happened.

and what's worse is that a star linebacker last year broke in, stole a $12,000 projector, ran out, got in a car chase that ended with the cop losing it on a corner and hitting a tree and almost dying, then he got in a fistfight with the cops when they tried to arrest him the next day. the charges: breaking and entering, grand larceny, driving to endanger, criminal speeding, endangering the life of an officer, assault and battery, and three counts of resisting arrest. all the charges were dropped when his school of choice called to tell them that they really needed his skill on their football team.

That just proves how even MORE stupid he is to break into a government building when he is already a sad, poor failure of a life.
Do you have pics of the Cougar? Because the way you described it sounds hilarious.

Anyway... did the guy carve the cougar in his free time? Becuase, if he did, that seems like quite an odd thing to do. It was very decent of him to give it to the school though.
Quote by Kid Fisto
i've gone into the school at night before. it's kind of fun, it's a way different atmosphere when it's dark and you're alone. and the doors are unlocked half the time.

Would you walk into your neighbors home if you found the door unlocked and knew they weren't home? It's the same damn thing man. No excuse.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
well, all i can say is that i hope the best. it sucks, especially that the guy was a douche and said the other two were perps, but hopefully the truth will win out. i've been through the court system, so i know it will be a long while before they get anything done. i got arrested in december and wasn't done with everything until the middle of march.
Quote by Jackal58
Would you walk into your neighbors home if you found the door unlocked and knew they weren't home? It's the same damn thing man. No excuse.

not completely, the school is public property, a house is private.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
If your friends want to do something stupid, they need to accept the consequences. They wern't involved in the worst bit, but perhaps it will teach them a lesson if they do get in trouble.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by Kid Fisto

damn, id be pissed off too. fookin jocks.
A BEER STEIN FULL OF GUMMY BEARS