I've got a problem where whenever I'm recording video, or microphone, or whatever, I will somehow mess up, and I'll have to do like 50 takes on a fairly easy solo... Bah, any help with this? Whenever not recording, everything is smooth and fine.
I have the exact same problem, I usually find sections of a song that I can record and then put them together later in cubase rather than doing the whole song at once cos like you, I will stuff up at least once even if it's an incredibly easy song.

Another thing I find can help is even if you can play the song easily at full speed, it might be worth recording at a slightly slower tempo just so you can ensure you don't make mistakes and then speed it back up later in what ever program you're using.
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
speeding recordings up is lame
the best way to solve problems is more practice
and an Ibanez RG don't hurt
Ahh you have red light fever, soon as the record button's hit you get nerves and mess up easy things.
A lot of the time if I'm recording something complex I will record riff by riff and track it all together in the end
otherwise try playing to a click track
ohai little sig.
Quote by PopPunkPotHead
speeding recordings up is lame
the best way to solve problems is more practice
and an Ibanez RG don't hurt

Well if it means a better quality recording I don't see the lameness of it.
And just out of curiosity, how is an RG supposed to help him make less mistakes during recording?
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
Quote by AlucardZero
I've got a problem where whenever I'm recording video, or microphone, or whatever, I will somehow mess up, and I'll have to do like 50 takes on a fairly easy solo... Bah, any help with this? Whenever not recording, everything is smooth and fine.

yea I get that every now and then but the great thing about working on a digital recording system is that you dont have to start from the beginning to rerecord a section you messed up mid way in a song.

I normally do 2-3 takes per track and keep the best one.
If im going to be recording guitars ill save two so I have that doubled guitar effect which sounds nice in a mix.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jun 8, 2008,
sometimes what helps me is leaving the recording on, and if you mess up, start over but dont bother clicking the computer to reset every time, just let it go, then trim off the mess later.

but yeah, the worst is when im recording a five minute song and my voice cracks at 4:30 or i hit a wrong chord cause i get all tensed up. but u just gotta get comfortable and not care, the more pissed u get, the more likely u will mess up again cause youre angry and stressed.
haha, we all get like this.. mainly because when we just sit down and play, it doesn't matter if we make a little mistake.. cause the only person listening is you.

but if you're recording, you're much more critical and not likely to let a flub stay on the final mix.

i know i wouldn't anyway.

with the exception of a few people, i generally takes a few good tries to get everything done perfectly.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.