Alright, so i'm getting to be a decent guitarist. Up until now, i've only played acoustic. So i'm looking for an electric with a good price and a good performance.
So far, i've run into a "you get what you pay for" situation. if you have anything in mind that rises above this, i would apprciate info.
Thanks, marine777
"He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man!" -- Dr. Thompson
How much are u willing to spend? What music do you play?
Quote by 666_Pounder
If you don't have enough for tube get a Roland Cube.

Equipment:
Fender Squire Fat Strat Affinity series
Some cheap amp....
Quote by True Dreams
How much are u willing to spend? What music do you play?

^ +1

And do you already have an amp?
i never really liked the RG.
I dont own one though i did look at a few yamaha's which, in the lower to mid price range, seem to have more bang for the buck than Fenders/Gibsons(well in this price range it owuld be epi).
Also depends on the type of music
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Any Paul Reed Smith.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by PopPunkPotHead
ibaez RG, best bang for the buck anyday unless Ebay/cragslist/etc.....

Umm..buddy, there is at least 50 different ibanez RGs, care to be specific?
oh and threadstarter, were gonna need to know your styles, and how much you have to pay.
Plus, don't write out an amp, if your just now getting an electric, i assume you don't have an amp, and the amp effects the tone much more then the guitar.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
as far as style goes, i play anywhere from ac/dc to metallica to guns n roses. so far, i also have no amp. any recomendations?
"He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man!" -- Dr. Thompson