I'm gonna be gittin' a 6505+ this fall as a birthday/christmas/me pay for half of it deal. I'm not sure what cab to get though. Probably something that's been around for a while so I can find one for around $400 on ebay. The 5150 cabs go cheap, but I've heard they're not exactly great. So what would be a good used cab to get that has some great bass to it, but isn't muddy? By the way I play all types of metal, focusing on heavy thrash, death, black, etc. But I also play classic metal and occaisionally classic rock.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
i think the sound you want is a mesa oversized 4x12
much out of your price range though
Any other recommendations?
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Roland Micro Cube
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
Randall has a cab that is 2x12 and 1x15. It's on MF I think.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Vader and Basson cabs?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
You could probably get a Splawn cab for about $600 loaded on ebay. Splawn is going to walk all over Avatar. I've seen a Cornford 4x12 cab sell on ebay for $402...yes, the ones that retail at $1,400.

$400 is going a bit cheap on a cab, especially for a 4x12. The real celestions cost about $125 a piece, thats $500 in speakers alone. In your situation I would look for a nice 2x12, as they can be found in your price range of $400 much easier than a 4x12. If you want a killer cab with some insane low end without getting muddy, check out the Genz Benz G-flex. I absolutely love mine, huge huge huge low end. Mesa 2x12's regularly sell on ebay for under $450, even the roadking cabs.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Is the 6505 cab built and designed well enough that it would be a good base to put new speakers in later? I've been listening to my guitar teachers tone (6505+ and matching cab) and it's not too bad, so if I can afford that I should be happy until I can afford new speakers. What do you think?
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Roland Micro Cube
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
Vadeeeeeeeeer
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia