The model was a 333xl. I'm going save my cash for it.it's so nice . All the channels were good the crunch wasn't that great but for 700 Wow. 120 watts of tube, noise gate doesn't work that well.overall best amp I have ever played only for 700. The clean channel was nice, the crunch was marshally ,and the lead sounded like a mesa good combation I guess =)Now UGers Is there any issues with this amp that i should know before i buy it?.
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Last edited by sebisbest at Jun 8, 2008,
Quote by T!AN
Definitely not hand made... or hand wired for that matter...
The guy at the shop said it was =s
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Anything else I should know seeing I can't believe the guy >_>
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
i've heard their QC isn't top notch, but hey. they're a new brand (supposedly, if they really are independent of behringer), so that's not too bad. If you like the tone go for it man, just be sure to get an extended warranty.
Quote by sebisbest
Anything else I should know seeing I can't believe the guy >_>

There's been reports of Bugeras failing on people within a week. But luckily lots of shops give warranties on them.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Good tone but horrible QC and another problem is where I am buying it They don't have extended warrants
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Last edited by sebisbest at Jun 8, 2008,
If you can get a warranty(at min. a year) or extended warranty go for it. Though usually if something that pricey fails and you call up customer service and B*tch your head off...they will replace it.
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
eeh is quality that bad >_> Been such a long time I found something I like that much
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Quote by babyboo666
Have fun selling it after it breaks!

Bugera's aren't exactly known for quality...

No, not at all. Don't believe everything you hear on here. "Bugeras are new so we don't know about their reliability yet" turns into "They're the biggest pieces of **** ever and break immediately". As someone said, it's like telephone.

TS, you shouldn't worry about it.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
My only two cents is I would get a lower wattage version at that means easier power amp saturation and less tubes to replace when the time comes.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
How bad they actually are is still really unknown. There have been reports of shoddy build quality, but the long term effects of it have yet to be seen because the amps haven't been out that long.

Also there was a single report from a person about their amp blowing up, but they even said that it was likely their fault. That one really got blown out of proportion because for a while here on UG every Bugera thread had a post about how every other amp is blowing up.

Yes you are taking a risk because the brand is so new, but there are a ton of people happy with the amps they got.
Quote by Sonicxlover
No, not at all. Don't believe everything you hear on here. "Bugeras are new so we don't know about their reliability yet" turns into "They're the biggest pieces of **** ever and break immediately". As someone said, it's like telephone.

TS, you shouldn't worry about it.

But it's also basic common sense...

A chinese manufactured 120-watt amplifier for $700? Isn't something about that a little fishy to you
My lead guitarist bought the 333xl half stack. Ill agree at first it is a very good deal for a tube amp. Though i was immesnly dissapointed in it when i heard it. The Clean channel indeed was nice for what its worth. The crunch was eh alright, it did its job i guess. Then their was the lead channel. This channel had way too much bass, it sounded really really muddy. And it feedbacks like no other. Yes i know its gonna do that anyway but this was just to much. Also this thing was put together iffy i think. The knobs feel like i could absolutey just rip them off easily. I have a VK which is cheaply made also but that thing is a tank compared to the Bugera. Also the VK i thought had a much clearer lead channel then the Bugera. I would highly recommend a tube swap and speaker swap as i feel the tubes and speakers stock are horrid. Needless to say i was dissapointed with the bugera i expected more from it, from what i heard from people.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
Quote by yocomobebes
My lead guitarist bought the 333xl half stack. Ill agree at first it is a very good deal for a tube amp. Though i was immesnly dissapointed in it when i heard it. The Clean channel indeed was nice for what its worth. The crunch was eh alright, it did its job i guess. Then their was the lead channel. This channel had way too much bass, it sounded really really muddy. And it feedbacks like no other. Yes i know its gonna do that anyway but this was just to much. Also this thing was put together iffy i think. The knobs feel like i could absolutey just rip them off easily. I have a VK which is cheaply made also but that thing is a tank compared to the Bugera. Also the VK i thought had a much clearer lead channel then the Bugera. I would highly recommend a tube swap and speaker swap as i feel the tubes and speakers stock are horrid. Needless to say i was dissapointed with the bugera i expected more from it, from what i heard from people.

Did you account for the incompetence of your friend? Maybe he doesn't know how to EQ an amp properly.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
The 333xl sounded great to me!
I only turned it up to about 1.5 but it was still great.

Agreed^
I got a good metal tone out of that amp in 2 minutes without an external OD. The Bugera speakers might not be great either but it shouldn't have a huge effect on the overall sound.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
If you do get it, definitely get a warranty if possible.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Yeah everyone is always trash talking Bugera.

It's fine just buy one. There hasn't been many cases of it messing up. So don't pay attention to anyone else. You'll be just fine.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
There have been multiple cases of the amps messing up - my main suspect is cheap tubes failing. That's why you need a warranty - either the amps work just fine, or they stop working in a pretty short time. If you don't have any problems soon after you get the amp, you're probably gonna be just fine.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I have the standard 333 and I haven't had any issues.

No problems with too much bass on the lead channel, though feedback is a bit rough... Hey, it's high gain, what do you expect?

For those of you with OMG120WISTOOMUCH-ism, you can pull the two middle power tubes and have 60w, or run 4 (insert that EL-tube that only makes like 15w per pair) with yellowjackets and have like 30w. Y'dig?
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
I have the standard 333 and I haven't had any issues.

No problems with too much bass on the lead channel, though feedback is a bit rough... Hey, it's high gain, what do you expect?

For those of you with OMG120WISTOOMUCH-ism, you can pull the two middle power tubes and have 60w, or run 4 (insert that EL-tube that only makes like 15w per pair) with yellowjackets and have like 30w. Y'dig?

el84s
Quote by noisefarmer
if you like it then get it. get a warranty. problem solved.

...........Yup!...........
Quote by T!AN
He lied.

Actually, they are hand wired....in China. I was shocked, but look at different ones opened up. You can see some that are exceptionally neat, and some that are meh. I like my Bugera though. Trust your ears m8. If you like the sounds you hear, snag it
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by T!AN
Definitely not hand made... or hand wired for that matter...

They are handmade, they are not hand wired, they use a PC board........just like a Bogner Ubershall!!!!!
Quote by truespin

Bugera is a tricky lady, she tells you she has 120 watts...but then she whispers under her breath "120 watts peak"
^ i saw that too, i don't get what's up with that. 4 6l6's and not 120watts rms? that's unusual.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Just save up and get a JSX. I wouldn't risk it, Behringer has been known to have very shoddy quality.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by Bloodshed
Actually, they are hand wired....in China. I was shocked, but look at different ones opened up. You can see some that are exceptionally neat, and some that are meh. I like my Bugera though. Trust your ears m8. If you like the sounds you hear, snag it

Damn, that's random. I stand corrected then.
save a little more and get a peavey jsx. even try used. sometimes they go for pretty cheap sometimes.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I think Beerchurch has (or had) a list of non-warranty
voiding methods to fix up a few flaws, but the tone
is definitely worth it! Not sure if it's safe/possible, but
if it is, i'd pull some power tubes. That's where alot
of Bugera's problems occur.