But I know nothing about these things :P

I just know I need better distortion out of my amp, even just to play like Guns N Roses (though my guitar is teh suck, compared to a Les Paul, so I'm sure that comes into play as well).

I just want something to kick up the amount of distortion while still sounding good, and not too bassy, or anything.

Also, metal capabilities would be great, but I don't know if that's asking for too much :P

Price range is... well, I don't know what to expect these things to sell for. I've heard of people modding Wah-Pedals? I'm somewhat up for modding if it will save me a decent bit of money (if it's possible with OD pedals). - Let's play with $100 for now

Thanks guys
Last edited by Habit Zero at Jun 8, 2008,
whats your budget, and i find it hard that you can't get a gun's and roses tone from a C30.
Quote by Ghold125
whats your budget, and i find it hard that you can't get a gun's and roses tone from a C30.

Let's throw out... $100? Just as somewhere to start.
I'd go for a BYOC Overdrive, it's a ts808 clone that you build yourself. If you do a good job is better than the real thing and 100 dollars cheaper. I'm gonna get one when I have the scratch.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Highwaytohell
have you already cranked the preamp gain to 12 and put in JJ EL84s if not already installed?

Preamp gain is always at 12 in my house! JJ EL84s are apparently stock on this amp... just checked it.

Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd go for a BYOC Overdrive, it's a ts808 clone that you build yourself. If you do a good job is better than the real thing and 100 dollars cheaper. I'm gonna get one when I have the scratch.

On a scale of 1-10, how difficult would you say/guess it is to build it? Is there any easy way to get all the parts?
Last edited by Habit Zero at Jun 8, 2008,
Quote by Habit Zero
On a scale of 1-10, how difficult would you say/guess it is to build it? Is there any easy way to get all the parts?

all the parts come in the kit as far as i know, and pretty easy if you already know how to solder/are good at it
^Yup, the boards are even marked too, couldn't be much easier. They send all first time customers a "confidence booster" (basic volume increaser) and if you can't do that then you can return the original order for your money back. Win, win I say. I can't wait to get one.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
you can buy a complete kit from generalgutiargadgets.com and you same some money and you can get some stuff for some really badass mods like robert keeley does that makes it sound even better...

but unless your decent at soldering i wouldn't recommend it...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
you can buy a complete kit from generalgutiargadgets.com and you same some money and you can get some stuff for some really badass mods like robert keeley does that makes it sound even better...

but unless your decent at soldering i wouldn't recommend it...

I've never soldered anything before I'd never put together a computer before I did it though, and I got that done without a hitch, so I think building the kit is worth a shot.