I just got this CD in the mail. It's a continuation of one of the longest-running American black metal bands, Havohej/Profanatica.

It sounds like Incantation, Demoncy, and later Darkthrone (Total Death) thrown into a blender. Long melodies cross-reference each other across songs, and they quote from earlier albums and take those songs in different directions.

Engrossing. Anyone else dig this slab of intense hatred?
I love most of Havohej and Profanatica's work, such as Tungkat Blood Wand and Weeping in Heaven. They create some great melodies that put a lot of other BM to shame.

I actually have not tried this particular CD though. Good to see some appreciation for them though.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
No. I preferred them when they were good.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
These are the guys who whacked it on the Bible, if I am not mistaken.
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
Yea and posed for demo covers with their cocks out
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

I agree. All of Havohej's stuff, and most Profanatica, is great. One of my favourites. But this new album is just dull.

Quote by MHDrunk
I agree. All of Havohej's stuff, and most Profanatica, is great. One of my favourites. But this new album is just dull.

It's less violent, and more of a musician's album. There are advantages and disadvantages to both approaches.

What did you think of Demoncy Joined in Darkness?
Quote by Conservationist
It's less violent, and more of a musician's album. There are advantages and disadvantages to both approaches.

What did you think of Demoncy Joined in Darkness?

Top-5 BM albums ever. Supremely evil.

Hell yeah it is. Reminds me of Beherit sometimes.

Also this tidbit:

Profanatica interview

We were able to catch up with Profanatica guitarist John Gelso before a most impious performance to discuss amongst other things, the band's motivation in writing their full length Profanatitas De Domonatia as well as the relationships between art, philosophy, and religion.

Read More >> John Gelso/Profanatica interview

Read More >> Profanatica "Profanatitas de Domonatia" review
This is excellent stuff.The guitars sound superb and the Incantation influence makes this really enjoyable for me.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

UNNNNNNNNN
TOOOOOOOO
UUSSSSSSSS

HEEEEEEEE
IISSSSSSSS

BOOOOOOOORN

Gotta love Ledney's vocals.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Wasn't this released like 3 years ago? I only have their Collection compilation, so I guess I'll check this out.
the new album is good, but it's nothing to their incredible earlier stuff.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I love Profanatica's demo material, the new album was good, just not nearly as good as their demo material. I have to say I don't care for Havohej all that much, they have some good stuff, but I don't know. They just don't live up to Profanatica at all, I love Demoncy, though.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
I'm listening to the full length now. HUGE meh...

I hope the demos are much better than this.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
I'm listening to the full length now. HUGE meh...

I hope the demos are much better than this.

They are, get the Enemy of Virtue, it's a compilation of all their demos/EPs.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Broken Jew!

This EP is way too good.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.