If so, how much is a bottle of Crown Royal, and is it that much more special than any other Canadian whisky? Or would a cheaper version taste almost the same?
Crown Royal is a blend, it's not a single malt. Therefore, it's a cheaper whiskey. Get a Canadian Club instead.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by JeanMi36
Crown Royal is a blend, it's not a single malt. Therefore, it's a cheaper whiskey. Get a Canadian Club instead.

Still, how much would it cost?
Bypass Canada altogether and go Irish. Jameson ftw.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by The Silent Fool
Still, how much would it cost?

In CAD, prices from Quebec.

Crown Royal, 750 ml, 25$
Canadian Club, 750 ml, 23$

Get some Irish or scottish, like Bowmore or Glenmorangie.

Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I like Weiser's or Jack D. I think a 26er of that (JD) is like 28 bucks or so... maybe less.

JD is bourbon = made of corn

Whiskey = Made of Malt.

Two different things
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Yikes, I hate Crown, but yeah, around $28 for a 26 here in Western Canada would be pretty accurate.
my 90 year old great, great aunt tried to kill herself by taking a bunch of pills and drinking an entire bottle of crown royal, all that happened was that she "had the best sleep of her life"
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by JeanMi36

Crown Royal, 750 ml, 25$

Similar taste? Cheaper price? What are the plus sides to getting Irish over Canadian?
Quote by The Silent Fool
Similar taste? Cheaper price? What are the plus sides to getting Irish over Canadian?

For the Canadians, taste is slightly different. Canadian Club = Better quality and cheaper. Tastes less alcohol.

The Irish cost more, but they are better quality and the taste is superior in every points. Don't you dake mixing the good Irish like Glenmorangie, or I'll kill you. Great taste, high quality.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

yeah last Christmas since my Grandpa died last year me and me dad raided me gradpa's liquor cabinet and found two half filled fifths of crown one from '67 and the other from '76 the best whiskey ever.
Quote by JeanMi36
For the Canadians, taste is slightly different. Canadian Club = Better quality and cheaper. Tastes less alcohol.

The Irish cost more, but they are better quality and the taste is superior in every points. Don't you dake mixing the good Irish like Glenmorangie, or I'll kill you. Great taste, high quality.

Well I planned on mixing whatever whisky I got with Coke, so I'll avoid the Irish for now.
So is Canadian Club the way to go for mixing with Coke, or Crown?
Quote by The Silent Fool
Well I planned on mixing whatever whisky I got with Coke, so I'll avoid the Irish for now.
So is Canadian Club the way to go for mixing with Coke, or Crown?

To mix, who cares. Get the cheapest. You won't taste it anyway. Coke takes so much place in your mouth, you'll only taste alcohol.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
Crown + Coke = Good

True, but :

cheap Bourbon + Coke = Good and less expensive
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by axeslinger01
my 90 year old great, great aunt tried to kill herself by taking a bunch of pills and drinking an entire bottle of crown royal, all that happened was that she "had the best sleep of her life"

90! she should have tried at least 50 years ago! what did she just get tired of being old?
Quote by Mr. B
What are some other good things to mix with crown?

I don't like mixes, but it's kinda good with tonic water.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by Mr. B
What are some other good things to mix with crown?

You could just drink Jim Beam (black label), which is great on its own
Well, imo, Crown Royal is a very good rye. Taste's great, good aroma, and good alcohol content. Mix wise though? Not great, better on the rocks. Canadian Club is the best if you like to drink mixed because I find you mix less the more you drink, which may or may not leave you foo tucked.

If it has to be canadian and price makes a difference though, I'd say buy some Wiser's. It has a good mix of both liquor's qualities and does the job.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Mr. B
so other than coke? noone has anything i could find around the house to mix with. to sorta kill the taste?

I also like mixing whiskey with sprite or 7up.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Mr. B
so other than coke? noone has anything i could find around the house to mix with. to sorta kill the taste?

Pineapple juice. Win.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by JeanMi36

Crown Royal, 750 ml, 25$

JD is bourbon = made of corn

Whiskey = Made of Malt.

Two different things

epic fail.

Whiskey can be made from different things. Malted barley is one of them. there's corn whiskey, rye whiskey, supposedly wheat whiskey too.

Bourbon is the kind of whiskey made from corn

Also, coke is prety much the best for whiskey. Coke> Pepsi too, not the same for mixing drinks. Make sure it's cold too, like put it (the alcohol) in the freezer for a while.
Or lots of ice
Last edited by pak1351 at Jun 8, 2008,
I love crown, I payed 26 dollars for the big bottle dunno how much fluid was in there,but I got 2 crown royals cups and that purple bag. I think crown is so much better than Jack imho. But Crown and coke is alrgt. You get a strong alcohol flavor out of it. Just sip in on the rocks with a nice cigar...um, That **** is yummy. I ussualy drink my crown with A Honey Palma Dutch Master Cigar.
well, there's crown lager that tastes like cat piss, but i've yet to have the drink your reffering to TS