So I'm organizing my collection of Jimi Hendrix songs, and after I update my iPod, I find that when I search for artists, Jimi Hendrix shows up, but The Jimi Hendrix Experience (under which I have 3 albums) doesn't. When I search for those records under Albums, they're there, but it'd be nice to just be able to find Electric Ladyland, Axis: BAL, and Are you Experienced? under artists. Has anyone here ever had that problem with iPods?
Have you tried looking under "J" for The Jimi Hendrix Experience? iPods don't sort by the word "The."
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
ipods are terrible. itunes also doesn't even have a lot of bands. i suggest getting any other kind of mp3 player and downloading songs off of limewire.
Quote by Harvey Birdman
I loathe iTunes

+1. it's not itunes so much as ipods themselves. i mean, they're not impossible, it's just that you gotta keep all your songs in the computer, which slows it down.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
ipods are terrible. itunes also doesn't even have a lot of bands. i suggest getting any other kind of mp3 player and downloading songs off of limewire.

iPods have the best interface I have used (both the touch wheel and screen). It's nice and clean, easy to use, and easily modded to look however you want.

Also, only retards use Limewire. Anyone who has any sense would use a torrent instead.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
+1. it's not itunes so much as ipods themselves. i mean, they're not impossible, it's just that you gotta keep all your songs in the computer, which slows it down.

No you don't. Turn auto-sync off.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by Metallica_Man55
i did not know that.

Yup. I have songs from at least five computers on mine.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by PlayMadness
Also, only retards use Limewire. Anyone who has any sense would use a torrent instead.

+*insert massive number*

Limewire is a festering pit of computer AIDS, and you can only download one song at a time.

And TS, check for his artist name everywhere on your iTunes and rename it (assuming you do find it). If it's not there, it's likely just a random error.
Yeah its not under J...

What I did was put the BBC Sessions I have under Jimi Hendrix instead of The Jimi Hendrix Experience and the latter just disappeared from the Artists list on my iPod completely...

Yeah Limewire is pretty fail IMO, I use uTorrent exclusively for music.

And +1 to PlayMadness; as much as I loathe Apple for being the pretentious poster boy for capitalism, the interface is quite ingenious.

EDIT to goldmember: the location of it didn't change on my iTunes, it just disappeared off my artists list on my iPod.
Try searching for one of those songs with the search bar in the top right corner or just by organizing in the library by song (click above the column of names where it says "Name."

Once you find one of them, right click and choose Get Info. Here you can make sure the album name and artist name are entered correctly.

Most likely this was just put in wrong and the problem will resolve if you fix it yourself.

Good Luck
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Man, I've had so many problems with my iPod... I actualy just sent it in to Apple to have fixed, I got it back this last friday, and guess what... IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!! So I called the tech support AGAIN today (this has been about the tenth call in two weeks). Turns out, they just took my iPod out of the box, put it into another box, and then just sent it back to me. The lady I talked to today said there was NO record of them doing ANY tests to the unit... NONE! But they're supposed to be sending me a brand new iPod.

Man... phuck apple
Proud Member of UG's Smartasses
PM Temporary to join.

"This isn't Vietnam, it's bowling! There are rules!" - Walter

"Steve Holt is a bastard!" - Will Arnet as G.O.B.
Last edited by SchecterAxer182 at Jun 8, 2008,
It could be in compilations, which for some reason doesnt show up in Artists or anything..

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by PlayMadness

I guess I must be a retard then.

Limewire has always been fine for me; I guess it's because I know that files that are 117kb are viruses. If you know what to look out for it's fine.

I tend not to use torrents that much unless it's for complete discographies.

If I want to download a complete album I will Rapidshare it (I have a premium account).

Oh, and I iTunes.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Last edited by GnR_ROK at Jun 8, 2008,
Quote by PlayMadness
iPods have the best interface I have used (both the touch wheel and screen). It's nice and clean, easy to use, and easily modded to look however you want.

just keep telling yourself that
Quote by GnR_ROK

Limewire has always been fine for me; I guess it's because I know that files that are 117kb are viruses. If you know what to look out of it's fine.

If I want to download a complete album I will Rapidshare it (I have a premium account).

+1
Quote by GnR_ROK

Limewire has always been fine for me; I guess it's because I know that files that are 117kb are viruses. If you know what to look out for it's fine.

Oh, and I iTunes.

I used Limewire for about three months, and not once did I download a song that was properly labeled.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by PlayMadness
I used Limewire for about three months, and not once did I download a song that was properly labeled.

Then you shouldn't be let out of special ed, let alone given access to a computer.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Quote by PlayMadness

don't be lazy. retype it yourself, you lazy american!
Quote by Metallica_Man55
don't be lazy. retype it yourself, you lazy american!

This is at least the third time today I have seen you double post. You really shouldn't do that if you don't want to meet the FotB.

And the mislabeling is tolerable for a while, but once I saw Pink Floyd's "Brain Damage" listed as "Lunatic on the Grass" by Led Zeppelin, everything started going downhill.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by PlayMadness
This is at least the third time today I have seen you double post. You really shouldn't do that if you don't want to meet the FotB.

And the mislabeling is tolerable for a while, but once I saw Pink Floyd's "Brain Damage" listed as "Lunatic on the Grass" by Led Zeppelin, everything started going downhill.

listening to pink floyd AND led zepplin. tsk tsk.

and you were still too lazy to retype it.
Quote by PlayMadness
This is at least the third time today I have seen you double post.You really shouldn't do that if you don't want to meet the FotB.

Creepy follower is creepy.

Also, patronising creep is patronising.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
waffles ftw
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora