On musiciansfriend, the review says the 18W 2x12 V-Series is 50lbs, but doesnt list the weight of the 1x12 version. What would the weight of the 1x12 version be (estimated)?

Also, it says its Class A. That means hand-wired, right?

Since we're on the subject, what makes the amp heavy? the components, the wood, or the cone and magnets?
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
I'd say knock about 10 or 15 lbs off for the small amount of wood and the magnet in the speaker. Class A is a way to run the tubes, has nothing to do with hand wired or not. Output transformer, quality wood, speaker and the chassis are probably the heaviest parts. Tube amps require beafy output transformers.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
by no means is that hand wired if it was i think they would be a tad more popular especially at that price. basically like the other guy said it's probably about 10 lbs lighter and class a is just how the power section of the amp is wired.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
I have my dad's '68 Ampeg gemini 1x12 (all-tube). Would that be a reasonable comparison in weight?

Also, 30-45lbs. That's an average weight of most tube amps, right?

We love you. God Bless.
If you wanna know what 50 lbs is like then go a hardware store and find a 50lb bag of concrete.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I live on a farm. I guess a 50lbs seed-bag of grain would be a good comparison. LOL

Farms are hard work. UGH!

We love you. God Bless.
Crate right?

pulled right off the Crate web site in the owners manual. See, just that easy.

V18-112: 39.7 lb/18.0 kg
V18-212: 50.7 lb/23.0 kg

http://www.crateamps.com/pdf/manuals/V18-112_OM.pdf

40lbs with a handle is more than managable.

Oh, and since i'm in there here is the Preamp tube description as you find it on GC or MF dot com either.

Preamp Tubes (3) 12AX7A
Power Tubes (2) EL84

Later
311zoso