I need a pratice amp that will be used in an apartment. I need something that has a headphone adapter but, sounds somewhat decent at low level volume playing. I would like something $200 or less. I have looked at the Microcube, Line 6 Spider III 15, Marshall 15. I know I will get blasted but the Line 6 wans't that bad. Keep in mind this is only for practice. Any suggestions would be great.
I have a Line 6 Spider III 15w, and for me it does everything I need it to do... I am a beginner, so it sounds good to me. A lot of effects/settings to screw around with... not bad for $99 bucks.
I'm probably the only person on UG who prefers the Spider to the Cube.
I'd go for that.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
i would get the mg30dfc, its 240 bucks but it would be worth it, for when you get a band or something.

TS, please don't listen to this person.
I do have a digitech rp350. It does have XLR outputs to hook up powered speakers. Would powered speakers with the digitech sound better than say the Line 6.
Quote by babyboo666
TS, please don't listen to this person.

the mgs really arent that bad for the price...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
The Spider 15 is a decent practice amp and probably the only Spider that I'd recommend to anybody on the planet that I liked.

I generally suggest either the MicroCube or the Vox DA5 simply because they can be powered by batteries, which give them a use later on (campfire or similar) when you have bigger and sexier amps as opposed to other practice amps that just sit in a random corner in the basement.

Quote by bi-ah!
the mgs really arent that bad for the price...

Uh. Yeah they are.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Jun 8, 2008,
How would you rate the Roland 15x??? Seems to get better ratings than the Line 6
Quote by greg232
How would you compare the Line 6 Spider 15 III to the microcube.

I think for 100 bucks the line 6 is not a bad amp if you are mostly into shred tone. But if you play a lil bit of everything I would insist you get the roland. Its become my favorite amp for practice.
Quote by greg232
How would you compare the Line 6 Spider 15 III to the microcube.

The Cube is a little more versatile, has the portability factor, and is also in my opinion more sturdily built.

The Spider is cheaper, has a bigger speaker, and is louder (not really important but it's there).

For a practice amp, you can't really go wrong with either, and if you liked the tones on the Spider, you may as well get it.

Do you have any other amps? Maybe getting an audio interface like the Line 6 Toneport would be a better idea. I had a Guitarport when I was in the dorms and I used it a lot more than my practice amp.

The Toneport GX is only $50 and gives you a helluva lot more versatility tonewise than the Spider or Cube, plus it allows you to record.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Cube 30X is 250 I believe.. Probably your best bet since the microcube lacks definition in tone.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I have a crate gtd15r and im pretty liking it
i think it's only 60$ now, it was 90 before.
But since you can buy something that costs 200$ maybe you shouldnt buy this, but if you do you will have more money for a guitar or pedals.
I have the Spider and honestly I can't understnad why people are giving it such a bad name...

...Well yeah I can but I don't agree with them.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Make sure you try out the little Vox DA5 before you pull the trigger. IMO the best little practice amps are the microcubes and the Vox DA5s. The microcube has a better rectifier model, but the Voxes have better lower-gain simulations and effects.

Have fun choosing!
Quote by greg232
How would you rate the Roland 15x??? Seems to get better ratings than the Line 6

never trust ratings EVER!!!!!!