im going to buy a guitar from this guy and he says its a real gibson les paul. now when he got it, someone got all this custom **** done to it and it doesnt say a brand. so how do i tell if its real or a fake? please help
Quote by guitarman6486
im going to buy a guitar from this guy and he says its a real gibson les paul. now when he got it, someone got all this custom **** done to it and it doesnt say a brand. so how do i tell if its real or a fake? please help

All CS Les Pauls say Gibson at the headstock...

It's a fake
serial number

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

its fake why would you **** with a gibson logo thats why you buy one because that logo from the factory signifies its real. Take it to a shop, a local guitar shop they can tell just buy looking at it. Not even the stupidest mother ****er in the world would take a gibson logo off a gibson.

yiu get wut im sayin
Well if you really want to and have no way to find out...buy it and get a piece of paper with a statement of what your buying(make sure it says gibson les paul blah blah) and have it say if its inspected and proved not to be one then you may get your money back and make the bastard sign it
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Quote by Lamrick21
Well if you really want to and have no way to find out...buy it and get a piece of paper with a statement of what your buying(make sure it says gibson les paul blah blah) and have it say if its inspected and proved not to be one then you may get your money back and make the bastard sign it

lol maybe you can get a lawsuit and buy a new custom (if the seller's an idiot)
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Makes no sense to remove the gibson name from a guitar. Sounds like BS to me. Whats he asking 249 bucks or the same price as the chinese sites.