Page 1 of 3
As the thread is titled...anyone live in los angeles...im sure out of all the ugers someone lives there, or even have you visited los angeles?
No, but I'd like to visit one day.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
No, but I'd like to visit one day.

Ah cause im moving there next year *thats why my name contains soon to be american* and i wanna know as much as i can as possible i know a **** load already but the more the better
Quote by Bonesaw
nah the closest thing I got is myspace

How often do you go to LA... any chance of us messaging each other lots...id like to know alot......where in LA have you been?
Quote by Graft666
How often do you go to LA... any chance of us messaging each other lots...id like to know alot......where in LA have you been?

sure whatever
I've been in Hollywood at the Whiskey a go go and the Wiltern for concerts it's good stuff
what part of canada you from?
Quote by Bonesaw
sure whatever
I've been in Hollywood at the Whiskey a go go and the Wiltern for concerts it's good stuff

Been to van nuys? glendale? burbank? anywhere in those type areas?
My brothers a cop there, he says he deals with alot of gangsters .
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
i've been around burbank and driven through van nuys I plan on heading up to redondo beach during the summer too
Quote by tr3nt
My brothers a cop there, he says he deals with alot of gangsters .

*Isnt Surprised*
Quote by Bonesaw
i've been around burbank and driven through van nuys I plan on heading up to redondo beach during the summer too

imma ask odd questions like...what were they like ..scenary...air quality...gangsters? and such
yes as a matter of fact roughly 3,849,378 people live there, as for me, no
burbank isn't that bad they got nikelodeon studios there the air quality is alright for LA california region not too many "gangsters" as far as I know, it is kinda industrialized in some parts with all those same warehouse office building types
Quote by Ibanez69
yes as a matter of fact roughly 3,849,378 people live there, as for me, no

Like 17 million in the LA county
Quote by Bonesaw
burbank isn't that bad they got nikelodeon studios there the air quality is alright for LA california region not too many "gangsters" as far as I know, it is kinda industrialized in some parts with all those same warehouse office building types

Whats Van Nuys Like?
Van Nuys to me has always been the slow moving freeway central of california. It may have to do with the high illegal immigrant concentration in that area. don't you start hopping the border too
that's about all I know about Van Nuys
Quote by Bonesaw
Van Nuys to me has always been the slow moving freeway central of california. It may have to do with the high illegal immigrant concentration in that area. don't you start hopping the border too
that's about all I know about Van Nuys

Isnt Van Nuys Rich?
Quote by Graft666
Isnt Van Nuys Rich?

some parts of it, but i'm pretty sure not for the most part. I live more towards newport beach so my entire LA knowledge is somewhat limited
Quote by Graft666
Been to van nuys? glendale? burbank? anywhere in those type areas?

I grew up in Los Angeles county. In a pretty upscale area, known as Seal Beach. Los Angeles is a real diverse city. Most of it is very populated, but is still very nice compared to other majors cities, such as NYC, Boston, Detroit. I love the city, but it really depends where you move to... Glendale, Burbank, Van Nuys have the nice areas, and slumps just like anywhere else. You can drive from Beverly Hills to the run down sections of Santa Monica in 10 minutes. But LA is great. Its kind of like to best of both world, and there is always something to do. My favorite thing about where i live is i can hit the beach for a surf session, and drive to the mountain and snowboard in the same day! easy LA a blast you will love it!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Quote by zuckuss00
I grew up in Los Angeles county. In a pretty upscale area, known as Seal Beach. Los Angeles is a real diverse city. Most of it is very populated, but is still very nice compared to other majors cities, such as NYC, Boston, Detroit. I love the city, but it really depends where you move to... Glendale, Burbank, Van Nuys have the nice areas, and slumps just like anywhere else. You can drive from Beverly Hills to the run down sections of Santa Monica in 10 minutes. But LA is great. Its kind of like to best of both world, and there is always something to do. My favorite thing about where i live is i can hit the beach for a surf session, and drive to the mountain and snowboard in the same day! easy LA a blast you will love it!

Thats how my brother convinced me to move out with him when I graduate, only he included "bringing a ****in jeep to the dunes and ****ing around" along with surfing and boarding.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by Bonesaw
some parts of it, but i'm pretty sure not for the most part. I live more towards newport beach so my entire LA knowledge is somewhat limited

Where in Orange County do you live. I live in south orange county too.
Quote by Rubbersoul 065
I live in the San Fernando Valley, and I go to North Hollywood a bit

isnt san fernando valley like glendale burbank van nuys and such
Quote by Graft666
As the thread is titled...anyone live in los angeles...im sure out of all the ugers someone lives there, or even have you visited los angeles?

just like any big city, LA has nice places and some not so nice places. about 90% percent of my family lives in LA, so i visit a lot. They live in an area called El Sereno, which is close to Pasadena. Pasadena tends to be very nice, especially as you get closer to central LA. El sereno is ok, it's a middle class area.

Downtown LA can vary from very pretty to pretty ****in raunchy (stay away from south central and the greyhound area). Anyways, this may be goin over your head, but keep it in mind: you'll know what i'm talking about when you get there.

what area of LA are you planning on living in?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
I've passed through LA. Never going back again, it goes on forever, it has more people in it than the entire country of Canada, the air is gross and smoggy, in the summertime it is so fucking hot, and when I saw Hollywood, I was really not impressed. Just a bunch of cracked sidewalks and souvenir shops reveling in the glory of past celebrities. I guess my expectations were maybe a bit high, but yeah...I hated it, no offense meant for any LAers, this is just one Canadian's opinion, and I'm sure you'll all be so much happier without me in your city anyways
Quote by psychokiller99
just like any big city, LA has nice places and some not so nice places. about 90% percent of my family lives in LA, so i visit a lot. They live in an area called El Sereno, which is close to Pasadena. Pasadena tends to be very nice, especially as you get closer to central LA. El sereno is ok, it's a middle class area.

Downtown LA can vary from very pretty to pretty ****in raunchy (stay away from south central and the greyhound area). Anyways, this may be goin over your head, but keep it in mind: you'll know what i'm talking about when you get there.

what area of LA are you planning on living in?

Glendale Burbank Van Nuys That general area i was lookin at pasadena but its too far from west la and such
i was born and raised in south central los angeles. if you're raised there it's not AS bad as they describe it. it depends who you hang out with.. but most importantly who you know. i was raised around bloods, crips, hoovers, 18's and a limitless amount of 13's. they mess with you when they're bored and 85% of the time, they're bored.

you wanna know about the valley.. coming from a guy who lived in south central, the valley is rich white people town. in pasadena/south pasadena, the so called "gangsters" from over there that i've encountered are toys. perhaps times have changed since 2002 but i honestly felt like the hardest mother****er there.

van nuys is middle upper class and of course the lower class "minorities" or how i think of it, the cultured side. its got a few ruffians some more serious than others, but so does every city. its got a few cool spots to hang out and drink and all that. its too hot during the summer though.

glendale is the whitest/armenian mid upper class city i've been to. i mean racial profiling to the max. there are no "real" gangs there... just people go and do the teenager thing.. one time, a wannabe gangbanger tried to hit me up and i told him to **** off... he laughed and walked away... i would've been dead in SCLA. toys.

anywho.. valley's are pretty much the same... if you're white you'll fit in with mid upper class people. if you're not, you'll fit in with any other. if you're in a scene, no one cares who you are or where you're from. stick with scenesters... you'll be alright.
i wanna live in los angeles, not the one in los angeles
"Help me God. I'm so tired. I need my sleep. I need 8 hours a day ...and about 10 at night and i'm good..."
Man L.A. sounds interesting. I'm gonna go visit my cousin over there in like a month.

Not to sound weird but I find the gangster talk kind of interesting. My personal rules of thumb for any rough neighborhood is to just mind your own business, travel alone as little as possible, and no wandering at night. This is just what my family and I have developed over the years of being in Chicago and Guadalajara (Mexico's answer to a big city). Of course I live in the suburbs now and love it.

I've heard crime in LA and NYC have dropped dramatically over the past couple years though so yeah.
Quote by zuckuss00

Where do you live now? im headed to LA for a few weeks in august and im gonna start surfing...i cant surf where i live due to lack of waves in canada
Quote by metalman89
Are you moving here for school?

Nope Its For Personal Benefit
Quote by bonestheripper
i was born and raised in south central los angeles. if you're raised there it's not AS bad as they describe it. it depends who you hang out with.. but most importantly who you know. i was raised around bloods, crips, hoovers, 18's and a limitless amount of 13's. they mess with you when they're bored and 85% of the time, they're bored.

you wanna know about the valley.. coming from a guy who lived in south central, the valley is rich white people town. in pasadena/south pasadena, the so called "gangsters" from over there that i've encountered are toys. perhaps times have changed since 2002 but i honestly felt like the hardest mother****er there.

van nuys is middle upper class and of course the lower class "minorities" or how i think of it, the cultured side. its got a few ruffians some more serious than others, but so does every city. its got a few cool spots to hang out and drink and all that. its too hot during the summer though.

glendale is the whitest/armenian mid upper class city i've been to. i mean racial profiling to the max. there are no "real" gangs there... just people go and do the teenager thing.. one time, a wannabe gangbanger tried to hit me up and i told him to **** off... he laughed and walked away... i would've been dead in SCLA. toys.

anywho.. valley's are pretty much the same... if you're white you'll fit in with mid upper class people. if you're not, you'll fit in with any other. if you're in a scene, no one cares who you are or where you're from. stick with scenesters... you'll be alright.

Though this is the typical white thing to ask and i likely already know the answer but you can never be too sure

im guessing that if i somehow get in a rough area just keep my eyes forward basically say no words until im outta that area so summing up what i said keep to myself in that area if im some how there....what should i do if im confronted by "Gangsters" like in movies whenever some white guy gets robbed he gets shot even after he gives his wallet...if me and my friend are both carrying glocks what do we do? if its me and my bud against 1 guy do we sooper fast in defense? or just do what he says and like hope nothing happens....heres my plan its pretty much bulletproof

Always carry TWO wallets on me...a real one and a fake one... the fake one goes where your wallet would normally go and your real one is taped to your body somewhere *containing your money, credit cards and etc.* the fake one is to contain monopoly money and toy credit cards or your choice of fillers and in hopes that by time the robber checks the wallet you've run like ****!!! and too far for him to chase after you

Quote by bonestheripper
stick with scenesters... you'll be alright.

Scenesters?
Seems like I got into this too late but I am LA born and bred, and have been living here since then. Anyone here from the areas of South Gate, Downey or around there?

Anyways, Graft your making a pretty big deal about the whole gangsters thing. I go to Compton, Watts, South Central LA numerous times and never get any trouble from the cats. Just make sure you dont look lost and always travel with a friend or something.

Oh and about the Surfing. Huntington Beach is your place. Surf City USA.
Last edited by The Mofaster at Jun 14, 2008,
South Central represent!

I'm a transplant; I go to USC and live about three miles south of downtown LA. The crime, in my experience, isn't that bad as long as you don't do something stupid like walking around alone at three in the morning. Just be cautious of people who look sketchy.
Can't stop the signal.
the two wallet thing is a good idea i guess. you should never actually get into that kind of a situation but i guess if you ever do it would be worth it. do NOT put monopoly money in there, just leave it empty. your pride really won't mean anything, and if they see that they'll know you're ****ing with them.

on a day where you know you'll be walking down the streets quite a bit, don't dress too nicely and don't wander around or anything. other than that you should be ok, the whole crime atmosphere is pretty over-hyped.

i'm on the northernmost tip of orange county.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Page 1 of 3