no
but thats just what everyone on ug is going to tell you
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
no
but thats just what everyone on ug is going to tell you

haha I always think the same thing... when I go to my local shop or talk to local musicians its almost always the complete opposite of what is said here on UG.
Last edited by TexasRG at Jun 8, 2008,
its pretty reasonable clean, distortion just sucks. a lot of other amps sound better though
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
The clean sounded terrible when i tried it :x

probably the small speaker and emgs dont work well
I've never used it. I use a Cube 15x for practice and like it alot.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Well I mean just for bedroom playing levels. I had a 30 watt amp, and a 5 watt tube amp. The 5 watter sucked at bedroom levels, and the 30 watt was ok. The micro cube is 2 watts and I love the tone out of it. The distortions are ok, but the clean is what i am liking. and the size. Im thinking of selling my other bedroom amps, and buying a separate one for gigging.
Quote by nyandres
Well I mean just for bedroom playing levels. I had a 30 watt amp, and a 5 watt tube amp. The 5 watter sucked at bedroom levels, and the 30 watt was ok. The micro cube is 2 watts and I love the tone out of it. The distortions are ok, but the clean is what i am liking. and the size. Im thinking of selling my other bedroom amps, and buying a separate one for gigging.

you have a nice custom ibanez in your link...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
i have it. i think its pretty much flawless.
i mean, its got a decent metal/shred tone with the rectifier setting, but you just have to turn the reverb up and its fantastic

and whats its competition? micro spider III? i was honestly considering it when i was in the market for a portable combo amp, but out of the 4 settings on the [edit] spider III, 1 didnt sound like crap (yes, the insane) opposed to the 6 or 7 equally usable settings on the cube that all sound great.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
don't know.

i am the only person in the world who likes the spider II series. i think they kick ass. you just gotta know how to dial tones.
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

I've played on my buddy's micro cube and I thought it sounded pretty good for an inexpensive, small amp.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
The one thing most people don't realize with the Spider III 15w, the presets SUCK unless its set on insane. You really have to tune in the knobs and override the factory presets with your own creation(s).
Last edited by TexasRG at Jun 8, 2008,
Quote by bi-ah!
you have a nice custom ibanez in your link...

Thanks. The only think i dont like is people say it looks too much like a jem. I wanted to make it look better than the JEM lol. Thats hard though.
Quote by nyandres
It has some really sweet tones. I get better ones from other amps but at louder volumes. But this thing is sweet at low volumes.

+1

Generally anyone who complains about the Microcube doesn't appreciate how hard it is to get such a good sound out of a small amp. Traditionally small amps are a tone stack and a cheap op-amp distortion circuit and they sound appalling, the Microcube does a great job of approximating the sounds of larger amps when it really has no right to do so.

Remember we're talking bedroom amps - a 30 watt combo is not a "bedroom" amp, neither is a 5 watt tube amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah it was my first amp, distortion sounds pretty good, cleans are allright too, only you can't get that warm rock sound of it.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
I like the DA5 better. Just me. The Cube doesn't sound as... full?
The microcube is alright, but the best practice amp its not. It sounds cold for my taste.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
The microcube is alright, but the best practice amp its not. It sounds cold for my taste.

That's my main problem with cubes in general.