After getting a new amp, I'm thinking of getting a Les Paul for my blues-rock/hard-rock tones. I'm thinking something like an Edwards or Tokai would be my best bet without spending a fortune on a Gibson. I have a few questions though.

How would I go around ordering an Edwards/Tokai? And has anyone played this specific model?

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/lp/E-LP-92SDQM.html

It seems to go around $1000, which seems like a fair price.
i have never played an edwards due to my lack of going to japan..they look tight though...and i would imagine it would be a pain to ship one in after customs and taxes or whatever shipping...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by Iceman 420
After getting a new amp, I'm thinking of getting a Les Paul for my blues-rock/hard-rock tones. I'm thinking something like an Edwards or Tokai would be my best bet without spending a fortune on a Gibson. I have a few questions though.

How would I go around ordering an Edwards/Tokai? And has anyone played this specific model?

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/lp/E-LP-92SDQM.html

It seems to go around $1000, which seems like a fair price.

Those are definitely nice Bang for the $$$ alternatives. You need to make sure they're MIJ, which are superior to the newer MIK versions.

PM Dave_Mc, he ordered his Edwards LP from Japan and he's happy with it, so far.

You can probably find a real LP for a couple hundred more from some old guy in your neighborhood
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
just be careful with hidden charges, customs etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ishibashi has quite a number of Edwards.
I got a deal with a Edward Les Paul E-LP-117CTM for 96000 yen with shipping price of 16000 yen with soft case included... The final price I have to pay is around $1200 thanks to the Swedish super high custom rate and taxes.

Usually Edwards are short in stock everywhere so people have to wait around 2~3 months for their order. You would be very lucky to find a shop with the guitar you want in stock for immediately shipping.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

^ yeah, i think i had to wait 3 weeks or something for mine. and i was lucky, as the model i was after didn't have that long a wait... some of the other ones i inquired about were into several months' wait...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Look on eBay, there are other great brands for LP copies. Greco and Burny come to mind immediately, but Tokai is your best bet IMO. I personally do not like Edwards.
High as tits
If you want a Tokai (they're very nice, I played one the other week) ebay. It looks pretty safe.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I've looked into Tokai, but for Burny, I'm still not sure. There a quite a few on eBay right now, but I'm not sure of the quality of them.
the biggest problem is (with most of these makes) that (a) there are different models and it's not always easy distinguishing the really high-end models from the low and (b) not all of them are made in japan (especially with tokai and burny etc.). that's why you kinda half need to know what you're doing, as unscrupulous sellers don't mind taking advantage of you if you don't.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I am waiting for my to arrive. I got a Les Paul Jimmy Page relic by Edwards. Cant wait....
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker