I've had my Boss MXR Doubleshot Distortion pedal since Christmas and it's worked fine and everything until yesterday, when I plugged it in. All the lights came on and I played with the pedal off for a bit, but when I turned it on no sound came out. Does anybody have any idea why my pedal isn't working?

PS: I posted this in the GG&A forum, but only got Zero replies. so now i turn to the pit. Halp?
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
bad cord?
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Quote by dreamtheater91
bad cord?

nada, i was playing from guitar>pedal (except off)>amp and i could hear it and everything, it's only when I turn on the pedal that i can't hear anything, not even a hum.
And if the Devil is 6,

Batteries. Check them.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
Quote by theking182
I've had my Boss MXR Doubleshot Distortion pedal since Christmas and it's worked fine and everything until yesterday, when I plugged it in. All the lights came on and I played with the pedal off for a bit, but when I turned it on no sound came out. Does anybody have any idea why my pedal isn't working?

PS: I posted this in the GG&A forum, but only got Zero replies. so now i turn to the pit. Halp?

Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.
Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Crutchy
Batteries. Check them.

it has an adaptor that I use...
come on guys, i'm not THAT dumb. i hope...
And if the Devil is 6,

Have you tried kicking it? Or hitting it with some type of blunt object, such as a large stone or perhaps a hammer?
um is it all the way plugged in?
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
Quote by Baboom
um is it all the way plugged in?

Quote by ironpeacock
Have you tried kicking it? Or hitting it with some type of blunt object, such as a large stone or perhaps a hammer?

of course and of course.
And if the Devil is 6,

Quote by theking182
of course and of course.

So, let me see if I‘ve got this straight. You kicked it first, but no luck, so you struck it with a large stone only to find out that didn't do the trick either. Then you commandeered a hammer from someone who obviously has some mechanical ability, which, apparently, you do not, and wailed away on the pedal in question but to no avail. Is that kind of how it went? If so, I know what your problem is right now without even looking.
is the volume on the pedal turned down?
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Quote by ironpeacock
So, let me see if I‘ve got this straight. You kicked it first, but no luck, so you struck it with a large stone only to find out that didn't do the trick either. Then you commandeered a hammer from someone who obviously has some mechanical ability, which, apparently, you do not, and wailed away on the pedal in question but to no avail. Is that kind of how it went? If so, I know what your problem is right now without even looking.

my problem? metal casing, my friend.
those danelectros, on the other hand...

Quote by manic
is the volume on the pedal turned down?

negative
And if the Devil is 6,

Make sure the output level is turned up?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
Make sure the output level is turned up?

yep.
And if the Devil is 6,

Quote by solidgay

Oh god.

Wow, that was an epic reply. Sigged!
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Quote by theking182
my problem? metal casing, my friend.
those danelectros, on the other hand...

I'm sorry, but that is incorrect. The problem is that your ball bearings are shot. Everybody knows that these pedals are all ball bearings these days. What you do is get yourself a new set of ball bearings and replace the worn out ones in your pedal. Problem solved. I usually receive compensation to the tune of a hundred bucks for this type of thing, but you seem like a reasonable fella, so no charge.

People helping people, making the miracle happen.
Quote by ironpeacock
I'm sorry, but that is incorrect. The problem is that your ball bearings are shot. Everybody knows that these pedals are all ball bearings these days. What you do is get yourself a new set of ball bearings and replace the worn out ones in your pedal. Problem solved. I usually receive compensation to the tune of a hundred bucks for this type of thing, but you seem like a reasonable fella, so no charge.

People helping people, making the miracle happen.

...is that sarcasm? if not, wtf are you talkin bout?
And if the Devil is 6,

Quote by theking182
...is that sarcasm? if not, wtf are you talkin bout?

If you must ask then you have no business knowing, plus, this proves your lack of mechanical knowledge.
Good day.
arn't Boss and MXR two different companies?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
arn't Boss and MXR two different companies?

That's what I thought...

if this guy is legit, check your cables and connections, and make sure your guitar's volume knob is all the way up...failing that, probably a battery fix.
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...