http://stcatharines.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-Guitar-Cabinets-W0QQAdIdZ55836403

Between these 2 cabs, which should I inquire about? I'm assuming the 4x8 would be able to pump out higher volumes, but I'm guessing the 2x12 has better tone because the price difference? Does anyone know which of the speakers are better between the two?

I need advice.
GEAR:
Vantage Ghost Gibson "The Paul" copy
Fender FM-100H half-stack
Regal vintage 30W class A amp head (handcrafted in Montreal)
Volume depends more on the power of the amp and the efficiency of the speakers, not necessarily the number of speakers. I would go for the 2x12 since I can't imagine 8 inchers would work very good.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
the volume wont change between the two... if theyre using the same head. and cabs dont have 'tone' .. what do you want to use the cabs for .. gigging? practicing? .
the 8's will have better highs and the 12s will be thicker/deeper(still handling highs great)
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Quote by pepsi1187
the volume wont change between the two... if theyre using the same head. and cabs dont have 'tone' .. what do you want to use the cabs for .. gigging? practicing? .

I need a cab for gigging. I have a 212 Crate solid state combo that I'm using for practices, but it doesn't cut it for shows.
GEAR:
Quote by Hugsy
I need a cab for gigging. I have a 212 Crate solid state combo that I'm using for practices, but it doesn't cut it for shows.

how many watts?
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
well i wouldnt get a 4x8 .. for anything. so .. and i wouldnt recommend a 2x12 cabinet for gigging... get a 4x12
Quote by Lamrick21
how many watts?

It's 120 watts
GEAR:
Quote by Hugsy
It's 120 watts

Then you, my friend, are "doing it wrong". What are your settings on the amp, and what kind of venues are you playing?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
No, I don't believe I'm doing it wrong. I've played in auditoriums for over 1000 people, and I've also had a couple outdoor shows. Once the amp is cranked to a sufficient volume, the feedback is just terrible (especially the "lead" channel). I know for a fact that it's just the amp that is bad quality.
GEAR:
Quote by Hugsy
No, I don't believe I'm doing it wrong. I've played in auditoriums for over 1000 people, and I've also had a couple outdoor shows. Once the amp is cranked to a sufficient volume, the feedback is just terrible (especially the "lead" channel). I know for a fact that it's just the amp that is bad quality.

...buy a new amp then, if you buy a cab you'll just sound like shit through more speakers.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
...buy a new amp then, if you buy a cab you'll just sound like shit through more speakers.

I wasn't planning on just running my current ****ty amp through another cab for a volume boost..

I'm obviously buying a new head and cab for my rig and selling off my other amp.

Anyways, thanks for all the responses everyone. I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the 2x12.
GEAR:
I say 2x12, especially since that one has relatively nice speakers. I've never even heard of nice 8" speakers...
Quote by Hugsy
I wasn't planning on just running my current ****ty amp through another cab for a volume boost..

I'm obviously buying a new head and cab for my rig and selling off my other amp.

Anyways, thanks for all the responses everyone. I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the 2x12.

...it's not obvious that you're getting a new head. You probably should have mentioned that.
Either way, 8" speakers are not going to have enough bass for most guitar applications, I'd get the 2x12.