To my dismay I've committed 2 of the cardinal sins of tone over the last couple years, I got a MG250 and a Spider 3. Since that time I've learned from my mistakes and am soon going to be getting a quality amp, but for the time being I'm running a Metal Muff through the MG to help out with my sound until I can get a quality amp.

Lately I've been recording some stuff I've written by taking the line out from my Spider 3 into my Mp3 player. As I and many of you know, the sound is **** so I figured I'd try plugging the MM into the spider, and then I realized the moral of this post:

DON'T TRY TO USE EFFECTS WITH A SPIDER 3, IT SOUNDS EVEN MORE LIKE A FLAMING PILE OF DOG ****!!!
Don't Turn On Your Spider! It Sounds Like A Flaming Pile Of Dog****!
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Spider 3s aren't as horrible as UG makes them out to be.

I can imagine that a Metal Muff type box in front of it would sound crappy (MODELING!), but my friend has the 250 watt combo and it always sounds nice direct.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
TS, don't you try amps before you buy them?
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
Yea I've managed to get a pretty good tone out of the MM with the MG by turning the gain on the clean channel almost all the way down and just using the master volume. I'm basically only using the MM for the sound and the amp for volume. But the spider just doesn't doesn't take pedals, it was so bad that it actually sounded better using the MM through the crunch channel than it did through the clean. It was just utterly horrible.
Quote by GuitarUltimate?
TS, don't you try amps before you buy them?

I bought the MG about 3 years ago when the GC in my town had their grand opening so I got a really good deal on it $350. At the time I wasn't very good at guitar (consequently ignorant to good tone) and it was an upgrade from the tiny 8 watt SS Peavey I had before that.

As for the Spider 3, I knew what I was getting into. I bought the 15 watt version to take with me to college for my dorm, so it's not like I planned on using it for any other than practice.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
What?

Haha, I tried to get a 3 sum with the Spider and the MG, but they both said they were on their periods. No wonder their tone sucks. I hear the Dual Rec puts out on the first date though.
holy sh*T dude

with those sins, you are going to hell for sure

unless your retarded, because then it wouldnt be your fault, it would be your parents defective genes, so thyell go to hel!!!!!!
Quote by TheProducer
...I'm a pussy...
Quote by STriNG-RaY
holy sh*T dude

with those sins, you are going to hell for sure

unless your retarded, because then it wouldnt be your fault, it would be your parents defective genes, so thyell go to hel!!!!!!

Salvation comes in 2 forms.

1: accepting tube as your lord and savior
2: damning all false idols (MG and Spider 3) to eternal tone hell
Quote by zhunt1130
Salvation comes in 2 forms.

1: accepting tube as your lord and savior
2: damning all false idols (MG and Spider 3) to eternal tone hell

I just laughed my butt off.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I just laughed my butt off.

Haha I'm glad somebody finally got it. I was hoping it was sig worthy for somebody.
I might just sig that. I have some space to take up.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator