early 90s death/doom with goregrind lyrics think Carcass without the medical dictionaries. Anyway its pretty interesting stuff, if you can get past the lyrics. It's melodic, heavy and atmospheric. At times it'll make you think of Thergothon, at other times of old Gothenburg melodeath.

Anyway, http://www.myspace.com/visceralevisceration
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Yeah I love these guys, although the lyrics can make me gag (literally). "Knee Deep in Blood I Wade" is such an amazing song (musicwise).
Yea haha, the name is the worst. Visceral Evisceration - seriously should have looked those words up in the dictionary before using them.

Musicwise they are great though.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

I found these guys years ago while searching for the American As I Lay Dying, and was like whoaaaaa, that's pretty intense.

Quality old school deathy doom stuff with hilarious lyrics.
that name is horrendous. I will check them out though when I get the chance.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Not what I was expecting, quite interesting actually.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
didn't pay any attention to the lyrics but the music was really good
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Bumpage. Great music. Been listening to Incessant Desire For Palatable Flesh for a while now and I love it.
Though I must say that I was somewhat surprised when I looked up the lyrics, and found that they are in the same vein as the CC song written by Barnes.
So I did some googling and does the name Visceral Evisceration mean something like shooting internal organs out your ass? Remember that English isn't my main language.
both words have to do with blood vessels, so it is a complete redundancy

Quote by MHDrunk
both words have to do with blood vessels, so it is a complete redundancy

Viscera are your guts... and Evisceration is disembowelment. So it is pretty redundant. It literally means organ disembowelment.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I ****in love these guys. I bought this on ebay a couple months ago after months of searching. One of the most atmospheric death/doom albums I've ever heard. I actually kinda dig their ridiculous band name hahaha.
I finally got Incessant Desire For Palatable Flesh and holy shit... I'm only on the second song and I'm already very impressed. I love how they blend so many different types of music flawlessly, it's not just separate sections of songs with different genres, they're all perfectly blended together.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
So, does anyone have the material after they changed their name to As I Lay Dying? I can't find it anywhere.
Quote by Clownmite
So, does anyone have the material after they changed their name to As I Lay Dying? I can't find it anywhere.

Was that a really poor attempt at a joke?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I really like this band (and their one record).

It just sounds too happy and melodic for the themes they're using, though; doesn't make much sense