Its set up for two pickups and a humbucker
im putting in a SEYMOUR DUNCAN JB humbucker
and strat pickups for the front two
and puttin a Tele neck on it
it will be sweet
im spending about 200$ US + about 115$ to install it
is that too much?
Personally, I'd spend a little more and just buy a MIM Fat Strat. It may not have Duncans, but it'll hold up a ton better.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
I don't know if I'd go balls out on it like that. Maybe get some GFS pickups instead. That's what I plan to do with mine. And why would you change the neck, if it plays well?
I still wouldn't do all that to it. For just a bit more, you can get a MIM telecaster. The only things I would do to a starcaster are electronics, and cheap ones at that, especially if you don't like the playability. The only reason why I want to mod mine instead of getting a new one is for the experience of doing it myself. It sounds like you want yours done professionally, and that you don't like the way it plays. I wouldn't do that, and I love my starcaster. (although I scratched off the starcaster name and put stratocaster there instead.
i can get an awsome decal for 20$

thanks for the advice
but everything is already ordered
how hard would it be to do yourself?
If you know how to solder, not hard at all. You just have to make sure you solder it right.

As far as the neck, I don't know. I'd assume it'd be as easy as taking the old one off and bolting the new one off.

Good thing the starcaster is routed for humbuckers (at least mine is.)